New mobile contract, Free PS3?

HappyH

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My contact's just about finished & I'm looking for a new one. Not a heavy user, 150 mins & texts with V!rgin for £12 just now. Came across buymobilephones.net who reckon for £15/month I can get 300 texts/mins & 'unlimited' internet with T-Mobile + a free PS3 slim 250gb (£20 extra for a Nokia 1208 phone). Think I can get £25 thru Quidco too.
Question is how reliable is the prospect of actually receiving the PS3? Anybody ever signed up for a deal like this & got the console?
Oh & I was looking to buy a PS3 anyway so bonus if I can get it free, not just for the fact of getting a 'free' gift.
Appreciate any advice,
HH.

My 1st PS3 came free with a mobile contract from Dial-a-phone, but that was £35 a month.

If I can get another one for 'free' for only £15 a month then I'll be joining you. :)

I've just signed up for a 24 month contract on T-Mobile, 300 mins unlimited txt for £15 a month, free PS3 Slim and a shitty bottom of the range Nokia, lol

That's the one I'm looking at I guess, Nokia 1208. Think I'll hold off & see if/when your PS3 arrives, you can be my guinea pig :nerner:
Nah think I'll go for it too.
HH.

I'm now after another contract, looking for a cheap free laptop with this one. ;)

I'm currently paying O2 2 x £15 per month for mine and the wife's phones, so that's both of those terminated (30 days notice) and I'm switching over to 2 x £15 with T-Mobile plus free PS3 and Laptop. :)

That's the one I'm looking at I guess, Nokia 1208. Think I'll hold off & see if/when your PS3 arrives, you can be my guinea pig :nerner:
Nah think I'll go for it too.
HH.

think normally thet wait for 3 payments first and send it out but i could be wrong as my mate got one just after they were first out but like witchy he paid 35 a month or mayb 40

Dial-a-phone waited 30 days before releasing the PS3 to me.

i got my ps3 the next day with dial a phone contract,
24mth 600min, unlimited texts free slim 120gb ps3 and a samsung tocco pink.

I got mine 2 yeas ago, at the time everyone had to wait 30 days.

I've just signed up for a 24 month contract on T-Mobile, 300 mins unlimited txt for £15 a month, free PS3 Slim and a shitty bottom of the range Nokia, lol

That's me signed up too Witchy, give us a shout if / when anything arrives. Not really bothered about your new top-of-the-range phone mate :banana: just when either the PS3 or the voucher for it arrives. Fingers crossed for us.
HH.

Anything arrive yet Witchy? My Sim / Phone due for delivery today with the voucher for the PS3.
They're looking for proof of address and a proof of signature & suggest photocopying my Passport & my driving license to qualify for the PS3. Bit nervous about that (identity theft???) best alternative seems to be a photocopy of the front of the credit card I used for the phone & a copy of a Utility bill.
Anybody (especially Witchy) any thoughts about sending them these photocopies?
Cheers HH.

i had a samsung touch with 600mins ulim text n internet with free wii and £70 cash back for £25 per month from e2save.com

What's the latest Witchy? Still interested to hear how you got on?
HH.

A mate just done something similar HH, and got the Samsung 32" tv and got it delivered yesterday, I bought it off him for £120 lol. :proud:

:Cheers:

A mate just done something similar HH, and got the Samsung 32" tv and got it delivered yesterday, I bought it off him for £120 lol. :proud:

:Cheers:

Same company (buymobilephones) or different HD?
HH.

(I've got the sim & phone, I'm just nervous about sending copies of bills, driving license, credit card etc to a company I don't 'really' know)

What's the latest Witchy? Still interested to hear how you got on?
HH.

Got phone, and returned the Free Gift claim form with required ID. I got an email telling me that my claim was successful but that they are out of stock on the PS3 120Gb. however, they 'guarantee' that I'll not have to wait longer than 28 days.

I phoned them and was told that the 120Gb PS3 is in such high demand that everywhere in the UK (and possibly the world) has either very low stock or none at all. They are expecting a delivery just around now, if my PS3 is not sent out in this batch then I'll probably receive the the 250Gb version. :)

....time will tell...................

I did a quick check on Argos.co.uk, Comet.co.uk and GAME they are all out of stock of the 120Gb version, so it looks like they weren't lying to me.

Last edited:
Did you guys get any further i am so looking at doing the same as I am out of contract with three at the moment :)

Mine's is same status as Witchy; got the contract & phone no problem, sent off the documentation for the free PS3 250gb & got an email back saying out of stock but should be sent within 28 days. Soon as it arrives I'll post here. Incidentally my Qu!dco claim's been validated so should get £30 back from that too.
HH.

Spot the dick that didn't use Quidco - me. :(

I sent them an email a few days ago to see what's happening and they ignored it, lol.

Back