my new built pc isnt working

spec
asus p5q deluxe
intel core 2 extreme qx6850 - 8 months old
4 gig ddr2 1066 ram
hitachi 500 gig sata
pioneer sata dvd rw
nvidia 7200 gs

There is no beeping noise when turning it on(which is a good sign), i hear the hard drive going but on my monitor its displaying "no video input" i bought a cheap nvidia 7200gs (only bought it to test the cpu as shops wanted to charge the same price as the card to check it themselfs.

The graphics card is of course pci-e ive tried the universal pcie slot and the v2.0 x16 slots but it still not displaying nothing on my monitor. I am using the vga port and not the dvi as i have no lead.

Do you think the machine is actually booting up or could it be somthing else?

thanks

i just tried it and the fans slower but after 2-3 seconds it outs then reboots again and stays on prob is im still not getting no vga display nor beeping when i remove the fan.

If all you have in is the CPU and gfx card there should be some sort of beep error, esp if you've disconnected the fan (no need to remove unless pulling the CPU, just unplug its power tail from the board).

Check the polarity on the pezzo buzzer (i.e. try it turned around).

I think I'm going to have to go have a sleep on this one...

In the mean time you could try the gfx card in your mates PC you've borrowed to see if that is working.

thanks for your help anyway, i removed the cpu fan for 20 seconds or so and no beep so obviousl theres something wrong with the board?

After phoning the company i bought the motherboard from and talking to tech support they did say they will test it first and either swap or replace.

after hours of looking online i found loads of threads from other forums giving the same problem as me, motherboard power lights on, no beep, fans working, no display on monitor, etc etc and many of them sent it back and was replaced with a working one.

Hopefully it was just bad luck on my half. I have had to folk out money to have my cpu tested mind as the bloke i got it off wants the money (paypal holds the money until i leave him feedback lol)

Back