battlefield 3 & pc crashing?

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I got a bit of an out of date pc, which i will build a new one soon but at present here is my spec

intel core2 extreme 3.00ghz
Asus p5q deluxe mb
ocz 4 gig ddr2 1066
Asus geforce 560ti o/c
maxtor 500gig sata.
powercool 750watt psu
windows 7 ultimate

I have had problems recently with my computer exiting from games (bf bad company 2, battlefield 3) putting me back on to the desktop. I have also had my machine freeze, blue error screen (memory dump).

For some reason i cannot play bf3 now when origin loads and i click on campaign, its loading and stops, i can use my cursor or ctrl alt del to get back into windows. I have also had bf2 crashing in the game with a steady buzzing noise from the speakers meaning i have to reset my machine. HELP PLEASE LOL

On a completely different topic, for my price range I’m thinking of getting a

Asus P8P67 Deluxe
intel i7 2600 (3.4ghz)
corsair 8gig ddr3 1600mhz
Keeping the 560ti card
same psu
a 1tb harddrive, not fussy on make

Is this a decent spec for this day and age.

Do you ever get any BSOD, if so have a look at "who crashed" if not sounds like your graphics card could be at fault? have a look at "aida" it'll tell you all sorts about your temps and machine etc, then you can start to pin point what the problem is, if your running an intensive game sounds like g/card.

AIDA << click

Just read it back and you do get BSOD so have a look at who crashed.....

clickme.gif

Last edited:
Hi all

I got a bit of an out of date pc, which i will build a new one soon but at present here is my spec

intel core2 extreme 3.00ghz
Asus p5q deluxe mb
ocz 4 gig ddr2 1066
Asus geforce 560ti o/c
maxtor 500gig sata.
powercool 750watt psu
windows 7 ultimate

I have had problems recently with my computer exiting from games (bf bad company 2, battlefield 3) putting me back on to the desktop. I have also had my machine freeze, blue error screen (memory dump).

For some reason i cannot play bf3 now when origin loads and i click on campaign, its loading and stops, i can use my cursor or ctrl alt del to get back into windows. I have also had bf2 crashing in the game with a steady buzzing noise from the speakers meaning i have to reset my machine. HELP PLEASE LOL

On a completely different topic, for my price range I’m thinking of getting a

Asus P8P67 Deluxe
intel i7 2600 (3.4ghz)
corsair 8gig ddr3 1600mhz
Keeping the 560ti card
same psu
a 1tb harddrive, not fussy on make

Is this a decent spec for this day and age.
have a look at the first m8 Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements i was a beta tester on bf3 and it kept crashing my pc,on the forums some peeps reckoned it maybe coz i had a dual core,fecks knows lol,havent upgraded yet

thanks both i downloaded "whocrashed" and got this

On Wed 16/11/2011 23:29:34 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111611-27690-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4B16CC)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80049958F8, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 16/11/2011 20:50:19 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111611-30607-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002ED6890)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 16/11/2011 20:50:19 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002ED6890)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.

On Wed 16/11/2011 20:26:37 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111611-34632-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002ED1890)

On Wed 16/11/2011 19:07:39 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111611-42323-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002ED5890)

Could it be a memory problem, sometimes it tells me i only got 2 gig when there 4. I have set the mem freq to auto i see an decrease on bsod if i set it to 800mhz or 677, clearly this sounds like a memory problem or motherboard?

Im lending my graphics card to a mate tomorrow to test it on his pc, i bought it of ebay thats the problem :( i havent left feedback for the card yet mind.

have you got mismatched memory modules? there is a couple of questions, you say you have a new card? how long you had it? why not default your bios back to initial settings, but be careful as i don't know your layout etc so please check before you do.....are you OC the CPU ?

This error message can occur if either of the following conditions exists:
  • Your computer has hardware or software problems (hardware failure is the most common cause).
  • You try to over clock the speed of your computer's processor (for example, you set a 150 MhZ processor to run at 187 MhZ).
The above STOP error means a trap occurred in kernel mode and the trap is either one the kernel is not allowed to have or is always fatal. The most common causes of a STOP 0x7F are:
  • Low-level hardware corruption, such as corrupt memory (RAM)
  • Mismatched memory modules
  • A malfunctioning motherboard
  1. Test the RAM in the computer by running the diagnostic software that is provided by the computer manufacturer.
  2. Replace any RAM that is reported as bad. Also, make sure that all the RAM in the computer is the same speed.
  3. Try removing or swapping out controllers, cards, or other peripherals.

the memory modules are exactly the same, ive tried different slots and i think i might have a motherboard problem, the one slot wont detect the memory. I have the asus 560ti for about a week, before i bought it i did not really play many games and had a cheap geforce 7200gs, i have had the bsod on and off for a while now before this new card.

I have tried several nvidia drivers and like i said its bf2, bf bc2 even the old games like ut2004 used to give me the bsod, i have had the machine over 2 years. I will test the parts out on my mates machine, personally i think there is a problem with the memory and motherboard.

I actually got into the campaign mode and played it for about 15 mins before it frooze but i was able to ctrl alt del to get back into windows without having to reset the pc.

I wish i bought it on the ps3 now lol

Last edited:
Back