New File Added: Rat's Picon Updater Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... But still no picons.
I deduce you had no picons prior to using the plugin. Check the layout as in picture attached. Folder must be called "picon" and on root of drive, not within a folder. "Picon" & "picons" are also wrong.

Attachments

• usb picon layout.png
    usb picon layout.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 57
yes many people use it on the VU range of receivers
It should work on any E2 receiver, it may need installing differently depending on Image

:)

Hi,
Has anyone used this rat updater on a Vu+ Duo box?

Cheers.

I've been using it, but i have a problem, most of the time the plugin goes off searching for the folder in networked locations? such as DLNA servers, and i can't quit! have to reboot box or wait for it to scour every single folder

Complete newbie to this forum so hi all. Been really impressed since installing this plugin a few weeks ago. So thank you Rat and team - your efforts are much appreciated.

As a special request for the future, it'd be brilliant if you could set both the bouquet and picon updater to automatically update every night, just like the EPG auto overnight update.

I have thought of this mate @moonraker
and there's always a BUT lol
some channels have been updated that your not too worried about and would wait until next time to save you changing your regional channels back in Entertainment

if this automaticly updated the user would be forced into changing these every update even if they wasn't worried about this particular update

I've also thought about an on screen prompt letting the user know an update is available, again after speaking with others it was felt that it could intrude on users viewing

but thank you for your suggestion Im always happy to hear peoples ideas :)

Last edited by a moderator:
any ideas on how I install the picons? I have them on a usb drive but I am unsure what do do with the other file (ipk)

any ideas on how I install the picons? I have them on a usb drive but I am unsure what do do with the other file (ipk)

You need to install the ipk and then when run it will update the picons if required

To install the ipk file just ftp it to the tmp directory on your box and then use the "Install local extension" option from the "Software Management" plugin

You need to install the ipk and then when run it will update the picons if required

To install the ipk file just ftp it to the tmp directory on your box and then use the "Install local extension" option from the "Software Management" plugin

You my friend, are a star!

Thanks for your help today. (please delete the thread I started)

Thanks again,
Tac

Thanks I will give this a try as I already use your channel updater. Nice work.

Hi, I am new to all this, is there a rats auto plugin for dm500 enigma1?

thanks

ok thanks for your help, I have a dm500 with open pli and im trying to put bouquets on, which bouquet should I download?

thanks

Hi
I have noticed channel 831 logo is incorrect channel is Rishtey and also Daystar logo channel 584

are you using Rats Bouquet with the picons or another channel list ?

I am using autobouquet which came with openvix 3.0 which creates correct channel no’s for s** uk and rats picon plugin downloades your 3d picon and same issue with wrong picon logos for those channels and some missing

Rats picons are based on the service ID of the channels in Rat's bouquets. You will need to edit the picon names to match the service IDs of your channels. The two issues you have reported are being dealt with as they also apply to Rat's bouquets.

I use Lraizer's autobouquets, it sorts out the picons names too.

Does the Lraizer's autobouquets give correct channel s** uk channel numbers?

I have edited the service ID's to match the channels that works fine but logos are incorrect and some missing too
Thanks for your help

This thread is Rat's Picon updater thread. I should not really have mentioned the other plugin here. There is a dedicated thread for it. Best to go to that thread.

Re: [DOWNLOAD] Rat's DW Picons 28.2E Updated

Tried to install this on my vu+ solo2 but its not having any of it, just doesn't show up on my plugins list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back