New Emu wil be ready for beta with 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i ask if a new emu is released what it to say that vm do not change the way the keys autoroll again hence rendering the new emu useless .... i am only saying this because there was a link to an article on another forum i cant find it at the min to post here. it said basically vm were going to change the way the key rolled more frequently rendering the boxes we all know and love useless to recieve pay tv hence vm winning this longstanding battle against us all.

Absolutely nothing but there never has been !

The only thing you need to know is that everytime a card emulator is fixed it gets a little closer to being perfect which makes a counter measure that little bit harder. There's no such thing as a perfect card emulator though - there is nearly always some counter measure possible.

i am not sure how true this is and anyway if it is true i dont see how vm have won because if the worst does come to the wors we can manually change the keys i know it is a paoin in the ass but it is possible so meaning vm havent won aginst us all.

VM can make manual key changes very unpalatable. They could easily change keys once every 30 mins or so.

i also thaught hoiw many different wayc can they change the autorool before they run out of new ways.

Probably thousands. They are using code snippets to de-mangle the transmitted keys so the methods are limited only to their imagination.

The emulators are getting better though so it does limit their options somewhat but even I can come up with at least a dozen ways to take out the vast majority of emulators an a temporary basis.

i am not sure how much money it cost vm to make and change the ways the auto roll works but surely they cant afford to change it that many times yes they can change the keys but the entire way in which it rolls i think that is a bit far fetched as it must be a costly task to have the ways change and also the testing to make sure their own "legit" boxes can cope with what thay are doing.

It doesn't cost them that much. Its all part of support from Kudelski (the designers of the Nagra system). VM actually do nothing with regard to keyrolls except ask Kudelski to implement a new one. For the most part, Kudelski just dig one from their ready made repotoire. This keyroll though appears to of been a new one.

In terms of design time for this particular keyroll, its actually quite simple so I doubt it took one of their programmers more than a day to come up with it.

"There's no such thing as a perfect card emulator though"

i wrote a blocker for a rom11 nr 4 years ago and to this day it has gone off once (date rights only) and road the last AU wave without a hitch.this took alot of hard work and I fried cards left/right and centre to get to working properly.it might not be the prefect card but its feckin dam close as it will get!!.

and before anyone asks ..........NO ..like the source codes to emu's ,,,if made public i might as well throw my box away!! to learn how to make one dl the progs n read-me are out there on the net but learn spanish first.

wheres the emu ....

rod1.jpg

iam not to bothered putting the keys in is easy now lol so take ur time with the emu

does anyone have the latest ntl hex please the one in downloads dont work

i can wait for the emu :) its not that was just saying it says 24 hrs ........ manually adding keys is easy but when they change and family wants to watch when ya out then its a prob....

i can wait for the emu :) its not that was just saying it says 24 hrs ........ manually adding keys is easy but when they change and family wants to watch when ya out then its a prob....

yeah i know what you mean dream unlocker, its the same at my house the kids can't watch nick jr when i go to work as virgin keep rolling the keys each morning and the wife wouldn't have the first clue on how to ftp into the box and change the keys!

yeah i know what you mean dream unlocker, its the same at my house the kids can't watch nick jr when i go to work as virgin keep rolling the keys each morning and the wife wouldn't have the first clue on how to ftp into the box and change the keys!

Dam, and im in the same boat.. im now getting calls at work from my mrs grrr lol.. EMM fix pllllssssss

Teach the wife how to do it, it can't be that hard.

Leave a walkthrough guide on the armchair before you go out :)

ive been try to get my hubby to learn so i dont have to keep doing it, mind you i know only a little but still learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back