New Emu wil be ready for beta with 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on the net, very apt i think.

PLF.png

Quick question, and sorry if this was answered... but how soon do you think we will have it in a new release of a DW image?

Id say soon like the weekend as they will prob integrate the new emu into it, however i dont make the image so its what the people of digital world have on as they cant stop there lives so we can get free tv lol

Im just a little confused here, people in the thread saying linux is the way to go as you dont have to rely on others to come up with a fix, and yet ironically they are waiting in this thread for other guys cam fix ???

Also, to the original poster, you say that the dream/dbox community are the only ones who help, and yet you intend to keep your new cam closed source? Call me crazy but isnt this what you wanted to avoid.

Just a few observations anyway, dont slate me too hard.

edcase

Im just a little confused here, people in the thread saying linux is the way to go as you dont have to rely on others to come up with a fix, and yet ironically they are waiting in this thread for other guys cam fix ???

Also, to the original poster, you say that the dream/dbox community are the only ones who help, and yet you intend to keep your new cam closed source? Call me crazy but isnt this what you wanted to avoid.

Just a few observations anyway, dont slate me too hard.

edcase

Yeah release the code!

....the guys at VM are waiting oh so patiently to see how you do your stuff LOL :Cheers:

fantastic news. I would love to be able to contribute like this...i wouldnt know where to start with the coding etc. I would love to learn tho....maybe a project for this year.

Beat me to it :)

TW Scotland ;)

well done trackermut , you guys in the linux scene are truly amazinglytalented people and all the respect in the world goes out to you lot for all the hard work and effort you put in.
like plenty others using the forums i just dont have the brains to understand inner workings of it all ( i did try once but way too much for me).
i here remarks like" leechers" and "spoonfed" but if you just dont get it you dont get it and there's nothing you can do but to help others with what you know.
as for donations ?, i make a point to donate just to help those who run the show to keep things afloat and i think its about time i dug deep again for DW.
but on a final word ,,,WELL DONE TRACKERMUT ,,,RESPECT GOES OUT TO YOU AND ALL THOSE IN THE LINUX SCENE. !,.

well done trackermut , you guys in the linux scene are truly amazinglytalented people and all the respect in the world goes out to you lot for all the hard work and effort you put in.
like plenty others using the forums i just dont have the brains to understand inner workings of it all ( i did try once but way too much for me).
i here remarks like" leechers" and "spoonfed" but if you just dont get it you dont get it and there's nothing you can do but to help others with what you know.
as for donations ?, i make a point to donate just to help those who run the show to keep things afloat and i think its about time i dug deep again for DW.
but on a final word ,,,WELL DONE TRACKERMUT ,,,RESPECT GOES OUT TO YOU AND ALL THOSE IN THE LINUX SCENE. !,.

well put! i`m an electronics engineer, but when my car breaks down i wouldn`t know where to begin.

...horses for courses an all that.

nice one cnt w8 :) keep up the gud work. i fink this required a celebration how does donation sound :)

Edcase will not slate all true, to a point how many people can code emus, only a handful but they spread to people who compile images, who spread to people that adapt images for different location ( sporster German image on dbox is a great example modded for uk ), who pass to end user who still can add to there own image with downloads, plugins or addons any image can grow, hundreds of people all in different countries working to the common goal, one drops out another takes there place one coder makes it better and so on, Now look at it from the other side closed box code from one source some good some bad but you rely on that one source it drys up the box is dead.

Yeah release the code!

....the guys at VM are waiting oh so patiently to see how you do your stuff LOL :Cheers:

VM will know nothing but i'm sure the guys at Kudelski will have a very good idea of how the any cam operates. They invented the system so will know exactly what any emulator needs to accomplish to get things done and, tbh, there are only really a limited number of ways things can get done

Kudelski are also the guys who know exactly how to defeat most emulators. Contrary to popular belief there are still many mysteries regarding the operational functions of a Nagra card. No emulator will ever be perfect.

Excellent trackermut, thanks very much for all your hard work and everybody elses :Clap:

Edcase will not slate all true, to a point how many people can code emus, only a handful but they spread to people who compile images, who spread to people that adapt images for different location ( sporster German image on dbox is a great example modded for uk ), who pass to end user who still can add to there own image with downloads, plugins or addons any image can grow, hundreds of people all in different countries working to the common goal, one drops out another takes there place one coder makes it better and so on, Now look at it from the other side closed box code from one source some good some bad but you rely on that one source it drys up the box is dead.

I actually wish you good luck with your emulator. The only reason I find this so good for DBOX/DreamBox to go off it that it shows that nothing is untouchable and sometimes it's not good to rely on 'somebody' else to produce a fix. The problem with open source is everyone assumes it will be 'somebody' so no need for them to do it.

Closed source boxes may have limitations in support but with a finacial backing there is incentive to fix. So no right or wrong answer.

My only hope with your release is that dbox/dreambox owners don't take the attitude they can go back to sleep and/or switch there brains off. Thats why I personally was hoping for at least a week before a fix was posted. :)

that's great news, congrats to all the people who work with this.

I actually wish you good luck with your emulator. The only reason I find this so good for DBOX/DreamBox to go off it that it shows that nothing is untouchable and sometimes it's not good to rely on 'somebody' else to produce a fix. The problem with open source is everyone assumes it will be 'somebody' so no need for them to do it.

Closed source boxes may have limitations in support but with a finacial backing there is incentive to fix. So no right or wrong answer.

My only hope with your release is that dbox/dreambox owners don't take the attitude they can go back to sleep and/or switch there brains off. Thats why I personally was hoping for at least a week before a fix was posted. :)

dont think there will be too much time to totally switch the brain off mate as n2 is coming to Ireland soon and im sure there will be changes for ye also

Linux, in the form its used on the dbox/dreambox, is actually a pretty inefficient thing to saddle a set top box with, especially when you start adding networking, Telnet, FTP, Games and a whole load of other stuff 95% of people will never use.

As it stands at the moment, the dbox/dreambox is suffering an extreme case of bloatware.

As for the linux community, well, they are mostly as possesive of their code as anybody else. Even if it was public most people wouldn't know what to do with it and those that did would simply add a few tweaks, recompile and pass it off as their own work !

A bit cynical maybe but also quite accurate.

Thought this was a Linux forum, if you want to beat other boxes drum back arrow and up to your own forum.
Come on Nozzer play Fair. "bloatware" FTP TELNET GAMES SATS yes used by huge numbers of users and not just in uk these boxes are global. any time you want a feed from my HD Linux box with built in hard drive just pm and i will give you web interface access. As for us here we are linux and proud of it.

Linux, in the form its used on the dbox/dreambox, is actually a pretty inefficient thing to saddle a set top box with, especially when you start adding networking, Telnet, FTP, Games and a whole load of other stuff 95% of people will never use.

As it stands at the moment, the dbox/dreambox is suffering an extreme case of bloatware.

As for the linux community, well, they are mostly as possesive of their code as anybody else. Even if it was public most people wouldn't know what to do with it and those that did would simply add a few tweaks, recompile and pass it off as their own work !

A bit cynical maybe but also quite accurate.

Hi nozzer
i was thinking of getting rid of some of the stuff you mentioned telnet.games etc
any idea how to trim down this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back