New DIGIVOX Firmware 21/12

malcb

Inactive User
Reaction score
New DIGIVOX Firmware in download section. After scan please do a factory reset and do a new scan. I don't think you will be able to use your saved channel data so make sure you back it up first in case you want to revert back to it.

The channels are then automatically placed into a favourite category and any subsequent scan will put any new channels into the right favourite.

thanks for the update just put this on my box and the channels are sorted better than i could ever do virtually the same as cables number system, makes this box the best of all the plug and play type.

thanks for the update just put this on my box and the channels are sorted better than i could ever do virtually the same as cables number system, makes this box the best of all the plug and play type.

do you have any pics how it looks like now
Thanks

no sorry the guide etc are the same but you have bbc1 bbc2 on 101 and 102 the same as a cable box favs are now called enterainment, documentary,shopping etc all sorted for you

They've gone down the same route as the Krypview box and I would say the Kryptview is still far better than the Digivox.

I would disagree i cant stand the kryptview its terrible maybe it will get better.When keys changed last time my kryptview took hours to update and hate the epg layoutand why would u want 7 days epg on a non pvr box.

I haven't personally had any problems with key changes mine updates within a minute or 2. As for 7 days epg you do not need to have a pvr box to have it, if you look at standard Sky boxes they have 7 days epg, this is where the Kryptview box is a winner when it comes to standard Virgin boxes as they should have it too and any other box that is out there. They could do with improving the layout compared to the Eurovox as it has dull menu's.

Last edited:
I've just put this on my old mans digivox,
and he's happy as a pig in sh*t

It looks good but the thing that would annoy me is it still
having the 5 favs at the the top of the favs list,

It would be better if they were below all the newly named
favs or even better if they werent there at all

I have installed this in T/w and I have some problems (1) ITV2 channel 113 says channel moved it 's now on 114 but there is no epg for ITV2 (2) no epg for Dave (3) It took me 4 scans before it found LIVING it found LIVING+1 and LIVING2 every time (4) It puts Virgin central and Virgin central 1 into the channel lineup even though they are just previews and all you get on them is a loop of what is coming on in the future.But it is better except for the channel numbering why on earth have they gone back to cable numbering 101 fro bbc 1 ect, 1 for bbc 1, 2 for bbc 2 is far more convenient

I have installed this in T/w and I have some problems (1) ITV2 channel 113 says channel moved it 's now on 114 but there is no epg for ITV2 (2) no epg for Dave (3) It took me 4 scans before it found LIVING it found LIVING+1 and LIVING2 every time (4) It puts Virgin central and Virgin central 1 into the channel lineup even though they are just previews and all you get on them is a loop of what is coming on in the future.But it is better except for the channel numbering why on earth have they gone back to cable numbering 101 fro bbc 1 ect, 1 for bbc 1, 2 for bbc 2 is far more convenient

hiya edogg maybe some help here

1) ITV2 is now on channel 114 it has moved
2) agree here, some channels still show no epg
3) i didnt have any problems scanning, but had to rescan later in the evening to get BBC3 BBC4 etc, as they dont broadcast in the day
4a) just use the SKIP setting in channel edit for all the channels you dont want to have show up on the epg
4b) if u have a legal tw box then the numbering is great, as all i have to do is remember 1 number for both the boxes now, far better than 1 for bbc1 on one box and 101 on the other

many thanks to all that are helping to keep the digivox updated

warlord

Thanks I already knew about ITV2 I said so in my post but there is no epg for channel 114
(3) only LIVING didnot show up on first scan
(4a) I found skip DO NOT DELETE any channels this will mess the channel being shown up
(4b) I also have a freeview box and a replay pvr so it was 3 boxes using channels 1-260 now its a case of which box am I on and what number's do i use very confusing having just got used to the previous software

in my opion they have had to use the cable channel numbers to improve the epg and it is a vast improvement apart from ITV2 having no epg at all

well this runs gr8 now...epg now sorted...used to be able to only see what was on next ..now can see whats on tommorrow :D

sorted all the channels into there right place too...

nice post m8 just what i was waiting for.....top banana:D

Loaded this into mybox last night, I have tried the version from the D/L section and the one from the Nokias site but I can't get Santa Claus tv or S*y S**rts o any of the premium channels.
I followed the instructions given:
After scan please do a factory reset and do a new scan.
I have flashed the box but no luck, anybody know what I have could be doing wrong ? :Cry: :Cry:

Thanks in advance

Loaded this into mybox last night, I have tried the version from the D/L section and the one from the Nokias site but I can't get Santa Claus tv or S*y S**rts o any of the premium channels.
I followed the instructions given:
After scan please do a factory reset and do a new scan.
I have flashed the box but no luck, anybody know what I have could be doing wrong ? :Cry: :Cry:

Thanks in advance

is there a emu option in menu / settings . if there is this has to be on

How to Load Firmware.

1. Insert CD
2. Save all files into a folder or onto your desktop. Drag and drop
3. Remove CD
4. Turn off PC.
5. Connect PC to Digivox via the serial port using an RS232 cable.
6. Turn on Digivox & then turn on PC.
7. Open loader software “DOWNLOADER 10”
8. Check settings and parameters. Defaults are usually correct.
9. Browse for bin file (digivox_z20070101_v2500_api )
For all files and the downloader 10 click this link http://eko.4share*.com/ and hit digivox

and select.
10. Check “app file” (default).
11. Click “download”
12. A progress bar will appear. Wait for “download complete “ window to pop-up
13. Turn off Digivox and PC then disconnect.

Enabling Key Emulator
1. Connect Digivox to TV (usually scart), cable feed and power on.
2. Perform full auto-scan.
3. Go to “main menu”
4. Scroll down to “System Information”, press “OK” to enter System Information menu.
5. On your remote control press “ 1 0 0 4 ” (ignore what happens on the screen)
6. “Key Emu” will now be visible on the screen.
7. Change “Key Emu” to ON
8. Exit menus and return to TV mode.
9. Go to a scrambled / encrypted channel and wait for update process to complete.
10. Scrambled channels should now be unlocked.

Problems with no sound
To get back sound on e4 sky1 ect just select the channel in question press menu, select installation, select manual scan, click ok on down frequency. It'll now scan for channels when its finished exit back to normal tv viewing screen go to the end of your channel listing and the desired channel will be there with sound. This can be done on any channel with no sound by just selecting that channel following the instructions above.

Last edited:
Many thanks smirnoff_rules, you are a Hero! your exact instructions have led me on the right path, it was the emu setting. Now have all channels up and running with your help
: thanks :

more than happy to help m8 enjoy ,

Back