new custom firmware

needs to be 1.5, dont forget to install the recovery mode.

i was having problems with games crashing, could this be something todo with me not having this "data.dxar" file? i dint create it myself only just read it in here now? could this be part of the problem? or does this file come on auto when i do the SE-B full install and updates?

if you used the exe file then the data dxar file would of been there. even if you diddnt it wouldnt allow you to flash without a data,dxar file there. it could just be a dodgy iso.

no, its not dodgy iso, ive used one's people used and said it works, plz check my other thred 'psp keeps crashing' ull see what im on about.

hi mate, what is best would be backup your memory card, well the game saves and iso's if u didnt keep them on pc id say are the only things you need. then its best to format the memory stick. when you run the .exe which is in this folder select the recommended one. install 2.71 with devhook. when its copiedthe files across you can go to the game menu on psp and run the update. because this writes to flash you need 75% battery and also it plugged in

Thanks Mate will try it later when the sprog has gone to bed....

OK well I can now breath again...cheers peeps.
Next question is, Is there any way I can remove the Icons for the SE update and the SE Install in the menu.
Just dont want the sprog to start clicking at things I dont understand never mind him.....

OK well I can now breath again...cheers peeps.
Next question is, Is there any way I can remove the Icons for the SE update and the SE Install in the menu.
Just dont want the sprog to start clicking at things I dont understand never mind him.....

on your pc go to to the GAME folder on the memory stick and delete everything from there EXCEPT the RECOVERY folder. this will get rid of the update things and the installer. it will leave the currupt icon tho but this is the 1.50 eboot.

on your pc go to to the GAME folder on the memory stick and delete everything from there EXCEPT the RECOVERY folder. this will get rid of the update things and the installer. it will leave the currupt icon tho but this is the 1.50 eboot.

Thanks...getting there.
I now have 2 game icons and the Currupt icon but there are still 2 update icons for SE B update and SE B3 Update...any idea how to remove them please?

yeah they are in the game150 folder, they can be deleted too. just leave the game150 folder empty

Thanks...getting there.
I now have 2 game icons and the Currupt icon but there are still 2 update icons for SE B update and SE B3 Update...any idea how to remove them please?

Spot on...thanks....very quick as well....:Cheers:

cheers, wasnt too sure. i thought the recovery folder was installed already when you run the .exe

im not sure as i did mine manually but you can check its there by going in the GAME folder

New to psp - looking to get one - what version psp do i need to buy for this to be adapted.Is it for 2.71 solely or can other versions be used with it? -Cheers

i must be doing something wrong i have flashed the psp but where do i install the recovery flash do i put it in the game folder or just in the main psp memory stick

turn off your psp and hold the right trigger when powering it on. does anything happen?

New to psp - looking to get one - what version psp do i need to buy for this to be adapted.Is it for 2.71 solely or can other versions be used with it? -Cheers

I've just bought a PSP and it came with fimrware 2.5. I upped it to a legitimate version of 2.7 and then down to a homebrew version of 1.5. Then I was able to update to the SE 2.71 B/2/3 versions.

Might not be the best way - but it worked for me!
As long as your PSP doesn't come with v2.8x then evrything should be straightforward.

W.

any firmware including and under 2.71 can be downgraded to 1.5 then upto the custome 2.71 firmware if you whant or can stay at 1.5

i must be doing something wrong i have flashed the psp but where do i install the recovery flash do i put it in the game folder or just in the main psp memory stick

if you look in your game folder on MS you should see the recovery folder there and in your game menu on psp you should see a corrupt file which is the 1.50 eboot

Back