new custom firmware

found a link just download this file. make sure your psp ms is formatted in your psp first. when you run the exe select the option "Install 2.71 SE-B with DevHook (2.71)", once that is done navigate to PSP/GAME and delete the two devhook filders. then open the exe again and select "Install RECOVERY Folder for downgrading to 1.50."

so your ms should look like.

X/ISO
X/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY
X/PSP/GAME/271seflasher
X/PSP/GAME/271seflasher%

and make sure that in the X/PSP/GAME/271seflasher there is a data.dxar file

Last edited:
this will work straight from a V1.50? or am i gonna need to upgrade to 2.71 then onto the SE?

will work straight from 1.5

if you create your own data.dxar file check the md5 is "96B4E3ED430A591B077624FC326622AC" dont need to if you use the above link

cool gonna give this a go now. yeah got the link from above so need to charge psp after a night of mac sniffing with it killed the battery

are all the files in the correct place? did you use the above link?

once the update is done you can delete the folders from X/PSP/GAMe but KEEP the RECOVERY folder. the corrupt icon is a 1.5 update. if you brick your psp by flashing a background for example, hold the r trigger when it boots and you can fix it (recovery mode)

Last edited:
all done and dusted now and even did the little update thing. just gonna put an iso on to test.

right just tested it and cant get any games to run. i see them in the games section but when i click them i get the psp sign then a message saying game could not be started (80020321)

anyone have any idea?

as i dont need to start devhook is there a way to change the settings of it?

Last edited:
ok its late and it would help if i put my umd demo disc in:proud: all sorted now hahaha and im off to get some sleep

hi i need some help with this new software at the moment i have a 1.50 psp with devhook 0.46 what do i need to do to put in this new software i am quite new to this so all hape would be appreciated cheers

ok i have installed this software and it works a treat but is there ne way to delete the corruped icon cheers

no thats a 1.5 eboot, if some how your psp semi bricks by e.g. flashing a background you can recover it so it works again by holding the r trigger when it boots up

Ok I have read all these posts and the links in them and I am still clueless.
So far I have manged to Downgrade my sons PSP from 2.6 to 1.5 and instal Dev Hook, Load iso's and CISO's.
Now....this is where I have lost the plot.
Do I just Format the MS and instal the:

SE-B New User Build
* Straight install 2.71 SE-B with DevHook (2.71).

I have already put about 5 years on my self by downgrading to 1.5 as my son hasnt even seen the PSP yet as its a Xmas prezzy...

Last edited:
Ok I have read all these posts and the links in them and I am still clueless.
So far I have manged to Downgrade my sons PSP from 2.6 to 1.5 and instal Dev Hook, Load iso's and CISO's.
Now....this is where I have lost the plot.
Do I just Format the MS and instal the:

SE-B New User Build
* Straight install 2.71 SE-B with DevHook (2.71).

I have already put about 5 years on my self by downgrading to 1.5 as my son hasnt even seen the PSP yet as its a Xmas prezzy...

hi mate, what is best would be backup your memory card, well the game saves and iso's if u didnt keep them on pc id say are the only things you need. then its best to format the memory stick. when you run the .exe which is in this folder select the recommended one. install 2.71 with devhook. when its copiedthe files across you can go to the game menu on psp and run the update. because this writes to flash you need 75% battery and also it plugged in

ive got a quick question a friend asked me with this. can it be upgraded from any firmware below 2.71 or does it need to be from 1.50?

Back