New Box

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
Im looking for a new box, got about 150 to spend. Needs to be HD and the better the epg the better. not too bothered about recording but if poss then good. Ive had a dm800 and wouldnt mind something a bit more user friendly and easier to use. also needs to be able to use my cline
Cheers
MB

the TM5402 has 7 day epg, streams, plays divx, very easy menu system

and costs £149

Is it Hd mate? how about streaming over the net, as I never got it to work on my 800. where would I pick one up at that price?
cheers digi

thanks for the replies guys, tbh as long as it does hd and has a decent epg it will do for me. Can it handle my cline, and is it easy enough to set to cs? also can i have bouqets and stuff like on a dm?

I have a dm800, but newest firmware got blade (still beta) fixed some epg problems by saving to idb whengoing to standby. it had bouquets and online channel updater. Also there is a hidden code entry area, you can get xxx streams if that floats your boat. Note still in beta!

I'll stick my neck out and recommend the TM800.

The remote with it's dedicated buttons makes the Enigma 2 interface a little easier to use.

Media playback (DivX, x264 etc is top notch), it's also PVR and supports time-shift (if using older images).

Unbeatable EPG with Cool EPG.

Picture is excellent.

Not sure whether or not you'll get one for as little as £150 though.

the TM5402 is a great box, its turned out to be so popular, that everywhere is either out of stock, or has very limited stock untill the middle of the month.

it wont stream to the network, but can stream video files from connected devices on your network, and from the net itself. its HD, 3D capable and has 7 day EPG thats being improved with each new firmware release and favourite channel lists, its VERY user friendly, but obviously not as flexible as a linux box

the TM800. The whole 13 seperate packages that create the whole EPG package can now be downloaded with the remote control, giving you a complete self updating EPG. the choice of channel lists is huge, with a lot able to be downloaded via the remote, as well as rats channel list updating itself when an update is available (if you choose to activate this feature)

a LOT of work has gone into improving things on the TM800, for things like extra tuners, theyd have to be USB tuners, but i have stopped trying to get both a USB terrestrial and satellite tuner working in it, as the new OE based software has been 'a few weeks away' for a while now, so is it worth putting the work in, when i know itll be useless and have to start again when the new software comes out.

again, the TM800 can stream from attached network devices, and some websites, but at the moment, it cannot stream out, this is another thing the new software should fix

So the 800 is probably the way to go? Digi where would be the best place to get one at a good price? dont think your allowed to mention on here so PM me if possible :)

Found this on ebay - WIZTECH WIZ-9999 HD TWIN TUNER LINUX SATELLITE RECEIVER for £163 (inc p&p) duno if it has cam support tho.

You would be better off with the new DM800se clones m8 tbh,at least there is more support for them.

If you don't mind waiting a week you can have my tm800 for your 1st price (150).
I have ordered an 800se clone (£157 including p&p from china).

The box is less than a month old as technomate swapped my old one for me.
I have had enough of it and waiting for software updates (oe) that never come.

pm if interested.

If you don't mind waiting a week you can have my tm800 for your 1st price (150).
I have ordered an 800se clone (£157 including p&p from china).

The box is less than a month old as technomate swapped my old one for me.
I have had enough of it and waiting for software updates (oe) that never come.

pm if interested.

same here tired of empty promises time to sell and move on me thinks

Back