new blackhole 2.1.6 lorinsun V4

reziel84

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi friend and nice to meet this fantastic forum
can anyone explain me if is possible to flash the new blackhole 2.1.6 on my lorinsun V4?
many many thanks

hi friend and nice to meet this fantastic forum
can anyone explain me if is possible to flash the new blackhole 2.1.6 on my lorinsun V4?
many many thanks

There is no Blackhole image for the v4, this is due to the drivers that are used in that image not been compatible with the v4 hardware.

Basically there is no recent patched drivers from lornison to allow this image to be used.

but in the download section there is an openatv 4.2 update to 3/7/2015....it's a recent image, why?

but in the download section there is an openatv 4.2 update to 3/7/2015....it's a recent image, why?

Blackhole 2.1.6 is using a different type of driver set for the XBMC side of the image, your clone can not use those. The Openatv 4.2 uses the other type of driver set and those are compatible and have patched versions.

To make current images run on Lonrisun clones requires quite some more changes than just replacing the drivers.

First of all the way the new drivers are loaded has changed compared to the old drivers and for the Lonrisun drivers to load this has to be reverted.

Second you also lose all features only newer drivers have (gles menu animations, CI+, xbmc), so you have to remove everything using those too.
While you can easily just uninstall xbmc and the menu animation setup plugin, CI+ and the gles functionality itself is tied to the enigma2 binaries.
The only way to get rid of CI+ and gles (If present in your image) is to replace two enigma2 files with their counterpart from a Vu+ Duo (Not Duo²).

However, each and every update would break this again, that's why image modifier wrote the opkg-wrapper in order to take care that whenever enigma2 gets updated, the two files that need replacement get replaced with their same revision enigma2 files from Vu+ Duo.

That's simply too much to explain in some simple words.

Why not simply use one of the many pre-patched images in DW DOWNLOAD SECTION ?

thanks ferret.....
last question.... in the new openatv 4.2 there's a problem to look a channel on tuner A and recording other channel on tuner B?
in the past version of openatv i can't do this.

thanks arilaza.....one question, i hope that you help me.

which one of image in download section are good to look one channel on tuner A and recording other channel on tuner B with SCR LNB?
can you understand me?

ketmp i think that if is possible to uninstall xbmc from a clone image, someone can do this in the past.....

sorry friends...i try to download the open atv 4.2 but i can't, why?

Back