new 8th generation Pioneer plasma in action

Global Hifi is a great shop Dutch and the managers a very decent guy. Im sure you wont have any problems there.

Ive sent you a PM with some info.

Enjoy it.

The Ps3 does look amazing on it from what ive seen. upscales ordinary DVds now too, If it played Divx from disk or USB i'd buy one also. gona wait and see what happens there.

Last edited:
TIP:
Buy yours self a decent big soft paint brush (artists type) to clean any dust from the panel or surround, It will scratch like hell othewise. dont let the wife anywhere near it with a duster or any cleaners. Its the only Dusting I do in the House.

TIP:
Buy yours self a decent big soft paint brush (artists type) to clean any dust from the panel or surround, It will scratch like hell othewise. dont let the wife anywhere near it with a duster or any cleaners. Its the only Dusting I do in the House.

Good tip Shaun, also...dont forget the microfibre e-cloths either, well worth it. (starting to sound like a right tart!). I knw fleabay do a plasma & lcd screen cleaning pack which contains 1 e-cloth and spray. Gives excellent results for your pride and joy, pickin up all the dust.

"do the shake and vac and put the freshness back" LOL.

Enjoy the tv dutcho, will look the biz with PS3. : party :

@dutcho you going to calibrate it? what did you think about the picture out of the box?

@dutcho have a look at the PM i gave you last week (i think), on "there" should be a section for pioneer owners and someone in the know has taken time to tweak the picture (not ISF calibration tho) and put the settings in a text file, its supposed to be better than the out of the box settings....blah ...blah

give it a try and see if you like it

OOh i'm so jealous......will have to wait a few months before i consider a plasma TV

If ISF is too pricey for you, it would definitley be worth using the DVE setup disc (HD-DVD/DVD) and you can just rent it if you don't want to buy it, like I did.

@dutcho have a look at the PM i gave you last week (i think), on "there" should be a section for pioneer owners and someone in the know has taken time to tweak the picture (not ISF calibration tho) and put the settings in a text file, its supposed to be better than the out of the box settings....blah ...blah

give it a try and see if you like it

OOh i'm so jealous......will have to wait a few months before i consider a plasma TV

Hi Logic any chance of PM me with those calibration settings m8 ?

Anyone got any settins for:
360 via component
Wii via scart
Phillips upscalling DVD player/ any upscalling DVD player would prob do

Only channel i watch is Paramount channel via Pace NTL box, worried of burn in of logo - supposed nothing i can do but leave orbitor on

360 via component

Try the D65 Settings alter the Brightness sharpness and contrast to suit.

Wii via scart

Try the Scart 2 settings

Phillips upscalling DVD player/ any upscalling DVD player would prob do

Set the DVD Player to output @576i and let the TV upscale the Video as it has a better processer than the DVD Player. Try the D65 settings HDMI

Only channel i watch is Paramount channel via Pace NTL box, worried of burn in of logo - supposed nothing i can do but leave orbitor on

Havent seen the logo for Paramount but Leave the Orbitor on as you say. nothing else you can do unless you try changing the Picture view froom"FULL" to " CINEMA " then use the Position in the Options controls to move the Picture up until the logo moves off screen. Dont Know what affect it will have as I dont know how big the logo is and how much of the top of the Picture you will lose. Try it and see.
I dont have a 360 so you may need to play about with each of the settings until you get a PQ you like. They settings are only a guide and everybody has different likes and dislikes

Hope this helps

Shaun

Thanks for the update - got a day off to tweak the beast

Back