netid probs with 4001 HELP PLEASE

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evenin all,

Got a few 4001's to modify for a few family members & I'm having a nightmare with them.

From searching threw a few threads on the subject, first things first, is apparntly they will not work in my area??? I am in exc*w, can anyone please confirm if this is true or not, as I'm sure I seen one up and running round my sides b4.

Second off, I cannot seem to be able to set the netid on these darn boxes using libby. I have 100% done it b4 using libby on a 4001, just the ova week, but with these, when the power is attached, the front LED goes to tUNE and no data flow in libby GUI. I tried the funcard method also & vice versa many a time, until finally it somehow went from ***** to the netid i required.

Finally I cut the TB and progged a card for one of these boxes, plugged it all up with the feed, got an update screen, then an error message asking me to power down the box and then power, from doing so, I am now just stuck with channel 0 and no channels available. I went into the eng menu to check if everything was ok, but found the netid had been changed to somin else!

I been trying to change it again, but cannot do so, pulled the red jumper and waited etc... but still no joy.

Can anyone PLEASE shed some light on wot might be going wrong ere???

Back