need some advice on whats causing my black screen problem?

HERO_1984

Inactive User
Reaction score
well first of all i got to say is i am not on using anything on my ps3 whch can play the copy games, so its clean at the moment,
now the problem i am having is my screen just goes black all of a sudden while playing games for a few sec and all of a sudden it comes on again, what i have been thinking was i though my HDMI cable might have a problem with it so what i did was got a knew one and replaced it with the old one and it has been working fine until today when i got the black screen again for a few sec, so now i know my HDMI cable was fine so what i need to work out now is have i got a problem with my ps3 or maybe it might be the HDMI socket on my LCD???
what do u guys think???

Last edited:
well first of all i got to say is i am not on using anything on my ps3 whch can play the copy games, so its clean at the moment,
now the problem i am having is my screen just goes black all of a sudden while playing games for a few sec and all of a sudden it comes on again, what i have been thinking was i though my HDMI cable might have a problem with it so what i did was got a knew one and replaced it with the old one and it has been working fine until today when i got the black screen again for a few sec, so now i know my HDMI cable was fine so what i need to work out now is have i got a problem with my ps3 or maybe it might be the HDMI socket on my LCD???
what do u guys think???

Can you try it on another tv if the same happens you can rule out the tv being problem and you have changed the hdmi cable so the only other problem would be with the console is all your setting correct for the type of tv ie 50-60mhz etc

i had this same problem, kept losing connection, i found out that it was my tv, as i tried xbox via hdmi and was doing the same, thing is, when i tried xbox using hd composite, or what ever it is called, did not have the problem

hope this helps

I had the same thing with my Wii. Turned out it was an electric heater that was kicking in. Dunno why but every time it clicked on then the screen would go black for a second.

Can you try it on another tv if the same happens you can rule out the tv being problem and you have changed the hdmi cable so the only other problem would be with the console is all your setting correct for the type of tv ie 50-60mhz etc

i can't do it on another LCD at the moment cos i only have one, when u say "if all my setting are correct for the type of tv 50-60mhz" am sure it is but not 100% sure can u tell me how i do it?

I had the same thing with my Wii. Turned out it was an electric heater that was kicking in. Dunno why but every time it clicked on then the screen would go black for a second.

hmmmm thats something to think about cos i got a sure electric stuff around my ps3 and LCD

i had this same problem, kept losing connection, i found out that it was my tv, as i tried xbox via hdmi and was doing the same, thing is, when i tried xbox using hd composite, or what ever it is called, did not have the problem

hope this helps

thats the exact things what happen to me cos first i was also using hd composite and had no problem but this started when i start using HDMI,the thing is about this problem is sometime it might not happen for a couple of days and sometime it can just kick in for a few times in one day

Back