Need help getting wireless adapter to work

aikawa7

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry for creating this thread out of selfish reasons.
I have tried googling for answers and tried many solutions without success.
Hence, really hope that any kind-hearted bros is willing to help me with the problem.

I recently bought a TP Link TL-WN822N V2 to connect to my DM800SE for internet access...
However, it just wouldn't work..
I installed many different RALink ipk files but none of them seemed to help and there weren't any Atheros ipk files available as well.

Was wondering if i missed any step(s)....I am using one of the latest OpenPli SG 2.1 Image
Hope for some advises if possible.
Thank you very much :)

Which WiFi chipset does the TP Link TL-WN822N V2 use ? Did you check the list of supported WiFi chipsets that DM800SE has driver support for before you purchased it ?
Do you see the options in the image network settings menu to configure the Wireless LAN, if they are not there then the image/reciever hasnt recognised the WiFi dongle.
Try installing WiFi drivers via TS Panel plugin. WiFi dongle support is flakey on E2 recievers better off with a Vonets USB WiFi Bridge if you want wireless conenctivity.

The only way i could get this to work was with certain images..dreamboxuk 2.1.2 was one that it works on... many of the images i have flashed did not support that wifi adapter i had a hell of a time.even when i used TSpanel and installed the wifi drivers rebooted and still no good.i have 3 different adapters and not all work on same images.But the tp link wifi adapter works with the image i stuck with dbuk 2.1.2.
good luck.

Thanks for all your helps and replies.
I am currently using the OpenPLi image. Tried installing many Wifi drivers via TS Panel Plugin but still no good :(
Not sure if there's other wifi driver files that i have not tried or come across yet...
Hmm....never used dreamboxuk 2.1.2 before, is it good? Cause OpenPli is very good, using it with ease at the moment, although without wifi.

Back