Need a lil help if poss

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Right been having a right bloody nightmare with a mates phone hes only just connected it up to wifi with my help.Now the problem is i cant login or sign up to google market for S**t tried everything even made him an acoount from my pc still no joy.All i get is blah blah cant connect please contact you operator or something like that

So really need help with signin in or signin up to google market the phone hes got is

Motorola dext/blur

and if failing any souloutions to that would i be able to put applanet on his phone and would that be sufficent enough to use a market replacement without signin up to google?

Many thanks in advacne and sorry if this explaination iusnt all that clear as im more of a doer than a explainer lol

Right been having a right bloody nightmare with a mates phone hes only just connected it up to wifi with my help.Now the problem is i cant login or sign up to google market for S**t tried everything even made him an acoount from my pc still no joy.All i get is blah blah cant connect please contact you operator or something like that

So really need help with signin in or signin up to google market the phone hes got is

Motorola dext/blur

and if failing any souloutions to that would i be able to put applanet on his phone and would that be sufficent enough to use a market replacement without signin up to google?

Many thanks in advacne and sorry if this explaination iusnt all that clear as im more of a doer than a explainer lol

would it be worth trying a factory reset ?

i am not sure if this is entirely true or not.. but from what i have read somewhere..

.. @gmail.com accounts give problem in signing into the market,

so it was suggested to keep the @googlemail.com account

also . think the first time you log on from the phone - use the mobile data network and not wifi, for some reason it wont log you in otherwise.

try the two .. hopefully you will get it sorted.

all the best

i appreciate the input mate but neither of your comments are correct as the 2 things you said wouldnt work, is exactly what i did to get mine up and running, signed in using a gmail.com account and used wifi and it signed in no problem, so thats a load of balony in my eyes!

worth trying applanet thought mate, check my threads as iv uploaded the latest apk for the new server!

thanks to all much appriciated shall go and get his phone tommrow and try some thiese out and then if not ill give him a copy of apllanet as i got this update of big hol mate i was so appriciated with tht as i love applanet.so thanks for that and many thanks for all the info uve given me stupid phone.

Im so glad ive got the huawei tab as ive had np with this but yet wen it come to setting up sister phone aswell had same prob but i sorted that

Ok guys im gonna throw this phone agaisnt the wall soon i know my mate wont be happy lol.But anyways put applanet on his phone and it says that it cant install it ive tried puttting it on there ive tried a direct download from applanet and will have it will it fook.Will a factory reset erase his contacts and stuff as i need to try this and then if this dont work im gonna scream as this phone is doing my nut in.I put applanet on my ssters phone even thos its a diff model LG OPTIMUS and it installed straight away.So is there a problem with his phone?

Many thanks again in advance

What phone is it mate. If his phones linked to google mail he can back all his contacts up on there server. Or he can export them as a vcard to the sd card then pop them back on when uv done a restore. He will lose everything so backup what you can from the phone. Not sure if it deletes stuff of memory card dont think it does but better to b safe!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

one of the reasons applanet might not install is because the phone you have has android 1.5 cupcake installed (may have been updated since though). im sure applanet only works on android 2.0 and above. check what version it is running in the settings .

had a look and there are quite a few custom roms out for the phone if your upto flashing the firmware

Many thanks to both of you for your help and @hollow that explains it hes on 1.5 and its the motorla dext/blur bloody nhorrible phone nice looking and all that but jeeze what a nitemare ive only gotten into the android side of things since last october so im still on learning grounds.But ive flashed a couple of phones for mates and done some installing and what not.I love android such a versitile OS.Wanna lookinto getting a notebook next and installing it on one of them to see how it goes.

but once again couldnt be more appriciated with the help from you guys

Many thanks

Back