Nearly done my liteon 2 last questions!!!

Sorry mate, I'm just heading out the door right this minute mate!

I should be back online in about 45 - 60 minutes though mate.

Any other ideas guys im getting desperate?! Lol think i might just buy a ps3 this is bloody frustrating!

you have it in vendor mode this is correct
go to page dvdkey 32 load the files you saved when you read the key it will ask you to save dump ( at this point follow tut )
once this is done you will be asked to load firm ware click yes then click on write and your done
re-read the key to made sure your key is on the drive

Last edited:
done all that mate and still nada also tried using my onboard sata and wiping everything to do with via and nada :-(

the option load from dump files not sure i understand how to do that

mate my arse is raw from sitting in this chair!! been here for 5 hours!! lol so much for a hoiday from work! i have pm'd witchy to see if i can purchase his services lol if that fails ill try again later not ate yet today going for food!! lol whats ur msn?

go to dvdkey page in jf at the bottom it says load from prevoiuse dump files
here you load key , inquiry and identify files

He has already dumped the drive mate.

His problem is that he got the 'Jungle Flash / Via Freeze' whle erasing and semi-bricked the drive, now that he is getting back into Vendor mode after reviving the Drive I don't quite understand why the drive is not accepting his hacked firmware.

@ Colin..

I find that before and after every command I sent to the Lite-on I need to power cycle the drive - lot's of turning off and on :)

Would you prefer to try it in DOS mate?

The DOS method is straight forward, I'll attach a good YouTube tutorial to this post....

Lite-on recover if it locked up after the erase

will dos pick up my satacard ok? im thinking dos is the way ahead however i downloaded iprep and couldnt see anythingn about making a bootdisk for dos? anyone help with the dos side of things

will dos pick up my satacard ok? im thinking dos is the way ahead however i downloaded iprep and couldnt see anythingn about making a bootdisk for dos? anyone help with the dos side of things

Mate, at around 5mins 30 seconds in that video the guy shows you how to make a DOS boot disk using Iprep.

Just do EXACTLY as he does from around 5:30 since you have already ripped your drive details.

nice one mate ill try it tomorrow head frazzled today thanks again for the help mate ps im curious who beat you member of the year???

Jaffa mate :)

BTW, I gotta laugh at the title of this thread ;)

If Oggy was here it probably would have been true!

sorry to jump in this is a bit of a guess when your drive is in vendor mode try pressing the intro/device id button on the mtkflash section then do the erase and go from there. i may well be talking out my arse but you never know lol

tried every combo and every button mate lol but really appreciate the post! :)

Ive been at work, Ive alot to catch up on (BNC died at 13.43 so gotta be filled in "Live")

I think your invalid status issue lies with the drive not being in vendor mode....

You can put a drive in Vendor Mode, it will report Vendor mode...

Power off drive remove it, and it will still show in Vendor Mode.....

Plug it back in, Power it on, it will still show in Vendor Mode.

Of course, it isnt actually in Vendor mode, you just never sent an ATA Reset to the port, so, it doesnt change status.

I dont know what you are planning on doing, DOS / JF / DosFlash32 etc...

Post back your plans, and Ill pop back when I can

hi oggy, ideally would prefer jungle flash well it shows no drive connected so i power off / on then shows vendor mode but this is only when i use the via drivers when i dont use via drivers cant find my xbox in jungleflasher and i have installed io32

pretty sure its in vendor mode any ideas?

witchy posted another tut on doing it in dos using iprep thats next tomorrow

Back