Nearly done my liteon 2 last questions!!!

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Firstly when i write do i write using the iextreme firmware or the the lite_cfw.bin that jungle flasher creates im assuming its lite_cfw but wanted to double check

also once i start erasing how long do i leave it before powering off/on once?

when i power on off will jungle flasher see my drive or will i have to do the leave half open trick?

a quick reply would be appreciated

PS i can now open an xbox in less than 5 mins last time i was 30mins!! im getting better lol

lite_cfw.bin is your Custom-Firm-Ware mate, i.e the hacked one that goes onto the drive.

re: opening the case, remove the side panels, unclip the front 4 clips then yank the case in two as if you are opening a book, the clips at the rear will make a God awful crunching noise but they will come apart perfectly and will not be damaged in any way.

Last edited:
cool mate what about how long i leave it during the erase before turning off and on?

also when the tut says power off / on is this just taking the power cable outof the back of the drive or the main power supply for the 360?

Not sure I follow u mate? :err:

Do you mean after you have erased the drive and you are about to start flashing?

also when the tut says power off / on is this just taking the power cable outof the back of the drive or the main power supply for the 360?

Yes mate - or switching your CK3 on/off very quickly.

When I didn't have a CK3I used to power cycle the main power switch on the 360, it's much quicker than removing power leads - if you do it too slowly then the drive won't be recognised.

according to the tuturiol#

Read this carefully, in most cases JungleFlasher wil return a Running Log similar to this: We have had 0xD0 / 0x80 / 0xF2 / 0xD1 and all worked fine.
After pressing yes and during the sequence of dots shown below, Power Off / On drive ONCE.
Hopefully you will see good Flash Chip Properties and Status 0x72 (2 known SPi Chips for Lite‐On’s, Winbond and MXIC) Winbond Shown, drive will appear in Vendor Mode under Drive

Are you asking how long you should wait before power cycling after you press YES?

Immediately mate, as soon as you click YES you must flick the power OFF then ON quickly.

right witchy sorry mate

a wee bit confused lol

right i erase the drive

and during this process i quickly turn the 360 on/off (im assuming the drive will close when i do this)

when it comes back i should see the drive in jungle flasher in vendor mode at which point i write using the custom firmware?

The way I'm reading your post is that you want to turn the power OFF to the drive whilst it is still erasing? :err: Not a good idea if that is what you are asking mate, lol

This is what I do...

Erase the drive as normal.

Click on the Write Button in Jungle Flasher.

Jungle Flasher will alert you that after you click 'YES' you must power cycle your drive.

As soon as you click YES, turn the power to the drive OFF then ON again very quickly - less than a second preferably.

Your drive will then hopefully start to flash and you should have a hacked drive. :)

(When working on Lite-ons I always keep the drive slightly open.)

thats not what the tut says though im confused :-( page 17 of the tut says turn it off more or less as soon as u get the 2nd message during the erase?

You're confusing me too now, oh where is fooking OGGY when we need him?! :)

Hold on a second.....

You haven't actually erased the drive yet have you? :err:

In that case, as soon as you press ERASE you need to do the power cycle thing, basically every time you want to read or write to the drive you need it in Vendor mode so you must do the power cycle thing.

Sorry, I thought you had already started the Erasing proceedure and wanted to turn the power off to the drive during the erase!

So just press the ERASE button then click YES and then turn OFF and ON the drive, your drive will then start erasing. Then when it comes time to Write to the drive just do the exact same thing - only this time around you press WRITE instead of ERASE, then do the power cycle thing again and it will start writing.

I use a VIA with no drivers, I hit erase, wait for all the dots to go across and then it will come up 'Drive into failed'

I the simply power cycle the drive with my CK3 and the hit "Device ID"

It is now in 0x72 and ready to hit the wright button.

If you have drivers it will probably freeze just as the dots near the end of the screen.

so do i wait for the dots to get to the the end of the screen i dont have the probe kit etc..? was just about to do it as witchy suggested my reading of the tut is i do it while the dots are going across the screen?

also wont the card stop working in windows if i remove the drivers??

If you do what I've written mate , you will be fine.

No need to wait for an error, everyone has their own little technique, the way I have written is the way in the tutorial, if you start following everyone elses advice then you could end up seriously confused :)

I'm not saying Cisk is wrong, because he is not. I'm just saying try to stick to one method for the time being.

witchy ill go with ur way fingers crossed!! if it goes wrong youll see one man in a vectra very angry on the streets on coatbridge lol <joke i appreciate the help and patience mate)

Have you removed your own Sata drivers mate?

They can **** it up if you haven't.

Your drive could lockup, and sort of semi-brick ;)

But it's easily fixable, so even if it does don't worry too much, it can be sorted in minutes.

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend temporarily disabling your own Via drivers.

Dont remove the drivers if your Hard drives are on em.

Then your pc wont boot.

I only use the VIA for flashing, hence i dont need drivers and it works much better.

Back