Nearly done my liteon 2 last questions!!!

sh1t :-( no drive detected now and i cant eject the drive :-( any ideas??

i did remove them before i started as they werent on my hard drive is this recoverable or fooked?

i did remove them before i started as they werent on my hard drive is this recoverable or fooked?

Did it lock up during the erase?

This is typical of having your own Sata drivers active mate.

Right, anyway, it's easily fixed.

The standard proceedure is to boot into DOS and use software called L-O-Erase.exe to erase the drive then flash the drive asnormal.

However, the last time this happened to me I managed to get the drive back to llife using Jungle Flasher only.

The only problem being, I cannot remember the exact method I used, I was just kinda farting around with it and it worked. :silly:

Try this, connect it as normal and using Jungle Flasher go into MTKFlash and select Lite-on Erase, follow the instructions then just flash the firmware as normal.

I'm sure it was something as simple as that.

If that fails then the DOS version will definitely work.

any tips on booting into dos on vista without a floppy? lol

USB drive?

Forget the DOS method just now mate.

Just try the lite-on erase option in Jungle Flasher, remember to power cycle the drive when required etc, it really DOES work.

I hope you're not panicking mate coz this is fairly common and is really easy to sort, your drive is not bricked, it's just corrupt :) It is scary though when you press eject and it just sits there doing nothing though :)

i did mate i unistalled the drivers before ereasing as stated above i think i might have power cycled too quickly?

anyone got a link to iprep from what i see that has a usb maker included will need to try that :-(

i did mate i unistalled the drivers before ereasing as stated above i think i might have power cycled too quickly?

Can't really power cycle too quickly mate.

I'm sure your Via drivers are still active mate, this is a very common problem associated with the Via chipset.

Did you reboot the PC after uninstalling them?

I know Oggy's awesome tutorial (it really is brilliant) shows you doing the removal manually but I prefer to let windows uninstal them itself from the Control Panel, Windows then prompts me to reboot.

So how are things standing just now?

Have you tried using the Lite-on Erase option and trying to get Windows to talk to the drive again?

anyone got a link to iprep from what i see that has a usb maker included will need to try that :-(

Mate, seriously, you can fix this from Jungle Flasher!

I wish I could remember the correct procedure that I used.

It is fixed from withing MTK Flash, I just can't remember the exact procedure but it was simple.

Try reading then power cycling, try all the buttons (lol) and power cycling, one of them will eventually identify your hardware and let you continue.

OGGY, where the fook are you?

lol

Go into your Control Panel mate and make sure your Via drivers are gone before you do anything.

Now seeing the drive in jungle flasher in vendor mode but when i go to write it says drive returned an invalid status?

Now seeing the drive in jungle flasher in vendor mode but when i go to write it says drive returned an invalid status?

Making progress mate :)

Just keep farting about with it mate, remember to do lots of power cycles.

Now that you see the drive, try the erase command.

...and power cycle :)

I'm heading out in 10 minutes mate and won't be home for about an hour - maybe quicker.

But you are nearly there anyway :)

still cant get it working :-( just doesnt seem to want to take new image i can get it to vendor mode but wont write :-(

still cant get it working :-( just doesnt seem to want to take new image i can get it to vendor mode but wont write :-(

When you clicked Lite-on Erase, did it successfully erase your drive after you power cycled?

Remember that you must erase before trying to write.

If it failed to erase then again I say that it is your Via drivers that are active.

Last edited:
Yes mate - that is the drives ROM that holds the hardware details.

Jungle Flasher will work as normal whether the Via drivers are installed or not (it uses PortIO32 drivers) - BTW, you have installed the PortIO32 drivers haven't you?

The problem comes when Jungle Flasher tries to erase your Lite-on and your Via drivers are still installed, on some systems the Via drivers lock-up when polling the drive, this is why your Lite-on appears bricked.

Removing the Via drivers entirely will allow PortIO32 to talk directly to the Lite-on without Via trying to poke it's head in.

Last edited:
Back