ne news kryptview update ??

fast t

Inactive User
Reaction score
as title says are we any closer to update for arnet kryptview box , know mash said was being tested but was a while ago ???

What feature are you particularly hoping for ?

Reason I ask is that the box seems to already have a fairly full feture set.

A decent menu (like the Eurovox), and double the favourites,wouldn't go amiss.

Subtitles would be on my wish-list.

epg on the same page as what yer watching, that would be the ulimate. everything is sweet enough.

A decent menu (like the Eurovox), and double the favourites,wouldn't go amiss.

What dont you like about the menu's and why do you think the Eurovox menu's are so much better ?

Suggestion to everyone: Rather than just asking for stuff or stating that something isn't liked maybe a better idea would be to say why you dont like something and suggest ways of improving it. I'm sure some of the design guys read these comments (or at least have them fed back to them) so if you can come up with good ideas then you never know - you may just get your wish !

Remember though, what one person likes another may well hate

They are too dull m8. The Eurovox has better designed menus etc which makes it look more attractive whereas the menus etc on the Kryptview look so plain other than that you can't fault the box its a great piece of kit to have.

They are too dull m8. The Eurovox has better designed menus etc which makes it look more attractive whereas the menus etc on the Kryptview look so plain other than that you can't fault the box its a great piece of kit to have.

Also on the Eurovox,the white text on the blue background makes it more easily readable than most boxes..

Subtitles !

Teletext and Subtitles support is poor and not functional, it works on the main channels like BBC1-Channel4 but barely, but on sky movies or ZeeTV subtitles does not work, however on the Eurovox is does.

Menus need an overhaul, the eurovox just displayed it clearly and better I think the channels titles text doesnt look big or bold enough, definatly needs to be put against a darker colour like eurovoxs white on blue.... Also channel mapping thing we should have an option to take it on and off and have a full Scan like we have on Eurovox, I cant be sure but Eurovox picked up more channels then my Krytview box did.

I have to be honest I know Krytview is still new.... but my Eurovox worked out the box and got it right 1st time, I may go back to it soon !

I have to be honest I know Krytview is still new.... but my Eurovox worked out the box and got it right 1st time, I may go back to it soon !

I was thinking of getting the V model for the wide screen fix but I will now hold off and wait for their PVR version and then decide if its it worth getting but I will keep my Krypview to see what improvements it will bring.

Edit:

Also channel mapping thing we should have an option to take it on and off and have a full Scan like we have on Eurovox, I cant be sure but Eurovox picked up more channels then my Krytview box did.!

Agreed. This is another option that would be useful to have.

Last edited:
Am tempted to go V series also, Am sure Krytview will be an awesome box eventually but for now the folks and family cant understand some programs without the subtitles and there left just staring at myself !

With Eurovox at least it got it right 1st time out the box, theres not really much support needed if everythings working ok more or less..... havent seen krytview updates as much as id hoped tbh either.

I know its early days but still perhaps that holy grail firmware update is due soon but sadly I cant wait around I feel.

Gonna check out the Starview 2 box also....

Back