Nbox 5800s

I have a nbox 5800 had if for nearly a year now and im very happy with it, running hyperion v4, cross epg, use rats bouquets and everything runs ok, the record function works well and two channels are recorded with no issues, only problem I have is the odd line glitch that may freeze when recording but really is a minor niggle and one that does not occur very often. if anyone id thinking of getting one I would recommend and if set up correctly it is a fantastic piece of kit for the money and im sure it will outperform many other more expensive twin tuner boxes!!

Does anyone know if there is a step by step tutorial on how to set one up with a new image and sky skin? I'm a noob and don't know where to start.

my friend have this reciver, i will ask him and tell you.

I can't seem to download the pdf tutorial for modding the 5800SX, it says I dont have the priveleges.

Although I do have the minimum posts etc.

Would someone be able to send me the tutorial pdf by private message or anything?

Last edited:
hi im looking for help flashing my nbox 5800sx i think its in freebox mode pleassseeee help someone i cant tune astra in and its driving me mad

Martin read the below I have taken from another forum, hopefully it will help you.
The nBox 5800S use 2 different uboots to start the software.

1 ... Freebox - first message displayed on the front panel is Boot

2 ... Bt4 - first message displayed on the front panel is nBox

Freebox is for running Enigma 7.1.6 and older firmware

Bt4 is for running Nebula v3 and older firmware

You can not use Freebox for Nebula.

To update your current Freebox uboot to Duo Multi uboot . Switch off receiver. Format pendrive to Fat32 and copy files to pendrive. Connect pendrive to receiver using usb socket. Press power button and keep it than connect power socket to receiver You will see BOOT on screen then PROG, wait until on screen will be OK. Then Disconnect power supply. Connect again. When on screen show BOOT press arrow up or down. You can select from where uboot start load software. So duo boot start like Freebox because was BOOT on screen. To change to B4T uboot use arrow up and go to b4u than press OK. Automaticly uboot Freebox will change to B4T. If you want back to Freebox from B4T go to pressing arrow up go to F-b press OK and when message BOOT is on screen press arrow up or down. Go to Nand and your Enigma will start.

To update your current B4T uboot to Duo Multi uboot. Swich off receiver. Format pendrive to Fat32 and copy files to pendrive. Connect pendrive to receiver using usb socket. Connect power supply and when screen show NBOX press arrow up and go to UPDATE then press OK. Wait until screen show OK. Disconnect power supply and connect again. Press arrow up or down and go to Nand. Your Nebula will start.

Finally.
Using duo multi boot we do not need any more upload via USB uboot to change it.
Just form Freebox we go to b4u using arrows and press OK.
From B4T we go to F-b press OK than arrow up or down change form where software will be started.

Important:
Only use B4T for Nebula
Only use Freebox for Enigma.

Never upload Enigma with B4T uboot and Nebula with Freebox.

I wish I could hve seen your reply sooner, just wanted to say thanks for the help with 2 years delay

Back