NAVMAN ICN 510 internal maps?

thamisqbil

Inactive User
Reaction score
I bought a Navman ICN 510 recently, second hand , and when i go under options it says that there are no internal maps , so i installed the software to acces my navman on pc and tried to add maps to the internal memory of the navman , although it didnt work, so at the end i had to add maps to a memory card

I would like to find out if Navman ICN 510 comes with internal memory? and if so is it possible to add maps to the internal memory? and why there wasnt any maps in it in the first place?

:THANKS: in advance

i have a icn520 and the maps are on the memeory card, that is how it is designed to work i assume the 510 is the same.

i have a icn520 and the maps are on the memeory card, that is how it is designed to work i assume the 510 is the same.

Hi Mate - Dont suppose you have new maps for the 520? Mine are hopelessly out of date !

nope, the maps (v3.5) i have are from when i got the device 3 or 4 years ago. (see jpg no updated maps for many models)

soon after the 520 came out they moved to iUPmap or some such thing that you can download updated maps (for a price) a couple of times a year.

i had a right 2 and 8 with their support as i said it was disgraceful that a top end device was in 12 months rendered useless (laid it on a bit thick) by road changes but they never changed the attitude.

In the end i wrote to the MD of Navman uk to bellyache about it i did get a letter back to say tough it was a corp decision made in Australia to move to iUPmap and all new devices would update the maps but the existing devices were not compatible.

having said that i still prefer the navman to tomtom but its personal choice i suppose, i have a palm treo that i have live running on it so any places not on the navman i just use the palm and punch in the nearest road.......

Thanks for the info - I bought the 520 off a mate when he had a work one installed but he gave me the original reciept and he paid £299 for it less than a year before!! I would have gone up the wall if I had paid the full price!!

i think you can put tomtom on a navman i think some videos are on youtube and loads off sites if you google as well mate

i think you can put tomtom on a navman i think some videos are on youtube and loads off sites if you google as well mate

I did get it on once but I found it to be buggy - lots of crashing !! Also I had to do loads of searching to find it and the stuff I got was full of trojans etc...!!

I think I will stick to the outdated maps until I get a newer model!!

Thanks for the tip though!!

I tried tomtom software on the navman too but although after a lot of mucking about i got it working it crashed at least once a day and many times other days. it least the navman software only goes tits up once a month and a quick reboot sorts.

if the v3.5 maps are later than yours you are more than welcome to a copy.

fortunatly the company bought ours, think £299 was about right i think the purchasing manager must have been feeling unwell as he signed off the chitty for 25 without a whimper....

Back