NAS Drive ... fully working with Direct Recording and Streaming :)

The £75 will include an HDD inside... a NAS enclosure is just the barebones and you add your own IDE HDD :) I'll have a look for some links. You can also get them from UK suppliers for around the same price if you dont like buying from eBay.

Id appreciate that very much mate! Particularly if you could find one in the UK.

hey liam.

any chance you have v2.1 of the plugin??

Cheers

:proud:

wiseguy said:
hey liam.

any chance you have v2.1 of the plugin??

Cheers

:proud:

I am writing v2.5 of the plugin as I speak.
This version will utilize the LCD display to show you if theres
an problems or whether the connection was succesful :)

Make sure you let us know when its finished mate, be only to happy to test it.

Decided to make it run as a standard app instead of a selectable plugin from the menu. If will run during startup and automatically mount the drive (if it can!). The progress of the mount is displayed on the LCD.

is it in downloads yet guys? this might just stop me getting a replaybox!

It's a brilliant idea looking forward to the plugin release for the pacino 2.1 :)

Ive bought a landrive and it doesnt allow you to enter an IP address. Can this be modded to work? Im so fuckin pissed off right now, fifty quid down the drain.

The LanDrive is the one thats been tested and will 100% work! lol, not money down the drain at all. You need to connect the drive via ethernet cable to your computer, and then enter the webinterface (see instruction manual for default hostname/IP). From the webinterface you set up your shares, configuration etc. THEN you mount it on your DBOX/Dreambox.

Well its not the drive I was thinking of, but it does have an ethernet port; so therefore it must have some sort of IP/Hostname configuration that can be used. I'm just having a read through the quickstart guide now but I'm more than happy to help you get this up and running if possible :)

Ive put a monitor on my home network and managed to ascertain the mac address of the drive - is there anyway to connect up via mac address from the dbox?

Username setting

Hi,

I've been trying to get this working on Commando V3, the mount is using FTPFS.

The Dbox sees the mount ok, and records to it fine but the DBox reboots (actually it turns off) when I try to run the plugin.

Looking at the nas_drive.conf file, although there is a parameter for the share password - there isn't one for the username?

IMAGEIP=192.168.1.30
IPADDRESS=192.168.1.70
SHARENAME=PUBLIC
PASSWORD=dboxpwd
MOUNTPOINT=/mnt/PUBLIC

I've tried adding USERNAME on the off chance it was a valid setting but it's not made any difference.

Have other people got this working on either Commando or with using FTP?

LOZISGOD said:
Hi,

I've been trying to get this working on Commando V3, the mount is using FTPFS.

The Dbox sees the mount ok, and records to it fine....

If the dbox can see and use the mount then you dont need the plugin! :)
PS I think the username is hardcoded as either "admin" or "anonymous".

Back