NAS drive for sabnzbd

madnlooney

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all im looking for a NAS drive which supports DNLA (for TV) which i can put both sabnzbd and sick beard on.

does anyone have any recommendations?

if you can find a cheap 2nd hand xtreamer etrayz, thats what I use. Easy to use and can run loads of extras like couch potato and sickbeard etc to complement sabnzbd. minidlna will sort the dlna requirement all apps installed using a nice easy gui, no terminal skill required

edit theres one here, not super cheap but it gives you the lowdown XTREAMER eTRAYz Network Attached Storage Web Server NAS | eBay

I have been thinking of moving my SAB and storage to a NAS drive. Just got it in the server at the moment, but dont like the server on all the time.

try this :)

HP Microserver N40L £209 @ serversdirect (£109 with cb) + 3% Quidco - Hot UK Deals

works out around £109. you still need to populate with drives though but its a nice unit :)
iv been looking at these for about a year now, but never really know what id use it for, lol, how do you access the OS on one of these as i wouldnt want it connected to a display, id want to connect to it from my laptop that is on a gigabit lan, and also what OS do people put on these and what kind of things do people in the world use these for when they have them just in there home rather than for a business! only reason id use it for would be for streaming media and storing media, but i already have a nas and a western digital live tv.

thanks for the replies, i decided to go for the HP and see how it goes. now to do some research into what to put on it for os.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

iv been looking at these for about a year now, but never really know what id use it for, lol, how do you access the OS on one of these as i wouldnt want it connected to a display, id want to connect to it from my laptop that is on a gigabit lan, and also what OS do people put on these and what kind of things do people in the world use these for when they have them just in there home rather than for a business! only reason id use it for would be for streaming media and storing media, but i already have a nas and a western digital live tv.

I put ESXi on mine, have couple of DC's, App Server (PXE Boot etc), connect to it via VMWare Client or RDP. No Monitor Keyboard or mouse)

I have a QNAP NAS which hosts SAB and Sickbeard.

I'm thinking of getting one of these for a project, So I can put dual NIC's in it, I want to connect to a VPN so all my data/traffic goes out via the tunnel and all my "Gear" stays within the home network and I get a decent firewall doing that.

I have my main rig here but I'd rather not leave that on, a nice little sever running dual NIC's would be great, something that isn't noisy and just does what it says on the tin, I have a revo underneath the TV but that's just single NIC of course...saying that you can get a dual NIC gigabit via USB so I'm wondering If I could all ready have what I want. Just wondering if the little revo would be up to the job, I know when I had SSL running on an old XP machine it was a drag, but the revo's quite a good little machine.

Let us know what they are like, and if you could let me know the sound level of them Exos and OP that be good.

Don't need them for storage or any thing but above.

Cheers

EDIT.

scarp all this I just seen that in my router I can have PPTP and in "BTguard" I can have that set up as PPTP meaning that the router will use that as the gateway.

Sorry wasn't meant to be a hijack thread mate... :)

19-11-201200-19-24.jpg

19-11-201200-20-07.jpg

I wonder if they'll give me the gateway...that be cool, means all traffic out over the VPN. :)

Last edited:
not bad, only 2days to arrive. now just wonder what os to put on. whs 2011 if i can find a copy, win7 or openmediavault ive seen looks ok. although i have no experience with linux

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Back