N*L are up to something

draindet

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone in pure N*L have a pace box working as mine and four of my mates have only got channels 202 207 262 265 & 286 no free to air and will not update or allow the opus cards to update my sammy works fine in the same location so it is not a signal strength problem all went off two weeks ago but i was away have re done my cards which works fine on sammy but not pace. When the boxes fisrt went of on the 14th they could get the free to air channels then a week later these went off and only the above channel numbers will come up but are just blank after about 5 minutes the box says your box cannot find any services please unplug blah blah. Net id and freq are fine. Any help appreciated.

Pace 4001 working fine in Reading Berkshire with a mosc

Pace 4001 working fine in Reading Berkshire with a mosc

Thanks for the reply m8

I cant understand it all of these boxes are in the Hemel Hempstead area and have been like it for over a week so i doubt if it is a local network p;roblem.

Did you re programme your card within the first week of them going off on the 14th?

I have even put the new keys on the card but the problem is the box is not getting a signal the card status says no t stream, but the sammy works, what can be going on?

if you are using a splitter than try to take that out and put the feed straight inside the box..:):)

if you are using a splitter than try to take that out and put the feed straight inside the box..:):)

Have done that mate and still the same but the sammy works fine four other boxes in same area are all the same it is definately something n*l have done since the last key change. The boxes will not allow you to select any channel other than the five listed above, i have pulled red jumper, tried to force an update and checked everything but the box cannot find any services it shows the software version 01.22b in the emg.

Does anyone know of a different frequency other that 803.00 for Hemel?

i think there is a problem with the 4010 in Hemel Hempstead area i was helping another guy that was having some problems. any1 want 2 give nthell a ring ?

this lad got hold of a 4001 not mod yet but it seems to ok, its strange how he's got no signal on the box can't see cc do somthing that advanced

Last edited:
i think there is a problem with the 4001 in Hemel Hempstead area i was helping another guy that was having some problems. any1 want 2 give nthell a ring ?

No thanks but i am sure they have done this on purpose as even the subbed boxes went of for a couple of hours and then came back on but all pace modded boxes are in the same boat.

i live in hemel mate and my pace 4010 did exactly the same as yours i tried everything to get it working but nothing i did made an ounce of difference,i think ntl changed somthing and fcked the box,so i had to start fresh and get a new one.

hi have you tried using a mosc card with a decent image and seeing if that works lat know how you get on cheers

: mr ed :

For everyone with a 4010 box

you need to reconect the resistor in the box, to let it update to new Blue menu from the old Purple menu

If your 4010 is purple menu its definatly the resistor,

if you have no idea what am talking about let me no and i will post pics,

but let me no if it was purple menu

you need to reconect the resistor in the box, to let it update to new Blue menu from the old Purple menu

Thanks for the reply mate but the box has the blue menus, i really think that n*l have fecked the box somehow i dont know how but as i said earlier i was away from the 12 to yesterday and my 4010 and the 4 that i have done for my mates are all the same my sammy is fine after i re did the card with the new fix.

I think if i had been here and re done the cards when they first went off, they may have been ok, they had all the free to air channels for the first week and then they went off and only certain channels remain and the box says "your set top box cannot find any services" switch off blah blah. But please show what resistor you are talking about i will try anything.

Sorry exclusive you are right all the boxes have the purple menus which are different to the sammys i have just checked with two mates and they are purple i thought they were blue but definately purple where all the front row movies say purchased and you can watch them without going to channel 0.

Please give further info on this resistor

above the St/atmel in the 4010 box

there is a small resisitor, bout 1mm, you will see in your box it has been removed or turned so there is no contact,

you need to reconect this, if the resistor is missing you need to put a new one there but am not sure what the type of resistor is at the mo

if you upload a pic of inside the box just above the St/atmel i will have a look at urs

above the St/atmel in the 4010 box

there is a small resisitor, bout 1mm, you will see in your box it has been removed or turned so there is no contact,

you need to reconect this, if the resistor is missing you need to put a new one there but am not sure what the type of resistor is at the mo

if you upload a pic of inside the box just above the St/atmel i will have a look at urs

No wonder your name says DW Guru

You are exactly right the resistor is a 103 and mine was turned so i recconected it (the hardest and smallest bit of soldering i have ever done in my life) once my eyes had come uncrossed again i connected the box and he presto it updated and everthying works the same menu as the sammy.

Thanks so much for your expertise the only thing is now i have to try and do the other four for my mates (i will need glasses by the time they are done).

Thank you once again that is why i love this forum or should i say community.

Back