MythTV dbox2/dreambox

NFS isn't installed on my dbox image! any idea if there are any images out there that have NFS in their kernal?

Cheers

I'm still not having much look with this, think i'm going to give up on this for the time being. I have mythtv set up so i can record from the freeview channels and now that i have the dbox mounted via nfs to the same server I can record from the dbox if i want to. Shame really, would have been nice to have them on the same interface.

Cheers

Hey Plebs. Sorry m8 not been on the forum this weekend.

Which dbox image are you using? I'm surprised if it's any reasonably recent image if it hasn't got nfs.

As usual I'm slightly different from yourself, I'm running neutrino on a dreambox which I'm sure is not too dissimilar from neutrino on a dbox. When I bring up the mount screen, one of the options is nfs - but I haven't tried it as (as earlier mentioned) I'm using smb (not altogether happily as my damned nic keeps dropping!!!)

It's quite easy to setup samba on ubuntu if you want to give that a go. If it's any use I'll post my smb.conf file, you should be able to drop that straight onto your ubuntu setup and you'll be away

managed to sort the nfs out, devilfish pointed me to a general FAQ, it was there all along, i was for some reason making it harder than it needed to be, it ended up being really easy to set up :-|

I'm stuck on how mythtv talks to the dbox2, i thought i was onto something but it's not worked as of yet.

Using a sportster 1.7 image as my normal image but i have been playing with some of the newer images, commando etc...

cheers

Back