My Dog Has Gone

The Bouncer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just gone to call my staffy in and he isn't in the back garden or upstairs, just jumped over the back garden to see if he was over the neighbours, as he sometimes jumps over to chase the cats and there is nothing. I am heartbroken atm and really hope he is OK, going to jump over again in the early hours to see if he is their as it is too dark atm to really see but he would respond to his name being called anyway.

The missus and her mate have just been searching the streets incase he had got out the front somehow but had no luck. It has really broken my heart that I cannot find him and am in tears writing this, he has been my partners dog for nearly 7 years but we have had him for just over 2 and he feels like my best mate, he is 8 years old and has previously had testicular cancer.

I have heard of dogs running off to die and really hope this isn't the case as I don't know what I would do without him

Mate,don't start thinking the worst till it comes to it.

He could have just gone for a scout,you know what staffies are like. Everyday is playtime!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a boxer myself,and yes I understand how you feel. The daft shit is like my best mate,every night out for an hour. We have a natter and swear she understands.

She was our dog,mine and my wife's,lost one and can't even think about the other.

You'll find your dog,don't worry!

dont worry m8, he'll be back soon enough... Sargie's dog went walkies couple weeks ago but was back the next day so just think positive m8...

mate, i'm sure he'll be back, i bet he walks in this morning covering your carpets with muddy paws.....then you'll be swearing at him..call the local dog warden see if he's been picked up mate......

Nothing as of yet, been searching the streets for the last hour and been round the nieghbours at the back incase they had taken him in last night but no luck. Am really worried now, feels like I have lost a family member :(

Going to ring the police station and see if they have been given him, and where would I get the dog warden number??

were talking west brom here craig, ring the police if its not chained up round here its knicked

were talking west brom here craig, ring the police if its not chained up round here its knicked

I know yh but the only way I can think of him getting out is from the back garden but I checked them last night and again this morning. Just rang the police and the council warden, waiting for a call off RSPCA now incase anything had happened to him as he hasn't been handed in yet

dogs have habits of taking themselves off, im sure he isnt far away, just keep searching and calling out for him, does he have a toy or anything you can squeak ?

Maybe someone has stolen him???

That is another thought that is going through my head cause he is KC registered and as I said 8 years old but looks like a pup still.

Just been round the canal and everything with his lead, cause thats his main attraction and not found him yet.

Posted it on facebook as soon as I found out and got plenty of people on the lookout, am just keeping the faith that he will be back home tonight

Get pics done of him and get them put up all over the place I.E shops pubs lamposts postoffice's.
mine chased a cat and it was gone. 2 weeks later got a call saying they think they have my dog.It was her.
so dont give up m8 am sure your dog will be ok

Im sure he will turn up mate and i would do what Speedy has advised.

My 2 mutts decided to escape out my back gate a few years ago, a 2 days later I got a call from the Dumbarton branch of the SSPCA as they had been picked up wandering the streets.

I live in Coatbridge and somehow they had managed to get from me, entered the city of Glasgow, kept heading west and finally reached Dumbarton, that is one hell of a walk!

I'm sure hell turn up safe and sound Craig mate.

My 2 mutts decided to escape out my back gate a few years ago, a 2 days later I got a call from the Dumbarton branch of the SSPCA as they had been picked up wandering the streets.

I live in Coatbridge and somehow they had managed to get from me, entered the city of Glasgow, kept heading west and finally reached Dumbarton, that is one hell of a walk!

I'm sure hell turn up safe and sound Craig mate.

That is a helluva long way.
I live in Dumbarton and have many mates in Coatbridge.
Glad you got them back mate.

Hope you get him back mate, I'm sure you will. My uncle lives 3 miles up the road and his dog walks to our house every single day and he comes down and lifts him in the evening. We have 2 collies, a jack russel, retriever and a westie (that's between my parents, the wife and myself, we live beside eachother) and they regularly go walkies but they always come back. We live in the country and they're always away exploring and seeing what they can get up to. The retriever particularly likes going for a dip in ditches or the river lol.

His he back yet mate? keep us informed where we are up to, hope you get him back soon.

Back