my dbox 2 needs a new image i need help plz

2primo

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok i have a dbox 2 i just got back after LENDING it to my bro for a while to watch the footy thats 10 month ago
it had the commando image on there and i need to keep the keys and services files ...
Now the prob is im running vista and also i have forgotten how to upload and image whilst keeping the important files i need to keep !!!
tbh i don't know where to start
i don't expect a full tut but tips on what i need to do and if i can do this in vista
or should i get me old xp pc out ....
also whats the password for commando for ftp to the box
thanks kindly ,,,

Don't worry about Vista...works the same m8.

comando is the password.

You should refresh yourself with Flashfxp, its in downloads and there is also a full guide to flashfxp there aswell.

You need to connect to var/keys and copy that whole keys folder to your pc.

You may also want to save you services and bouquets files, they are in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit. I usually just copy the whole Zapit folder to my pc.

TBH with you, if you use Andromedia V2 which is an excellent image, you will not need the keys as they are already in it.

Download the image and extract it and ftp in to tmp folder in root directory, then go to remote and go to:

dbox/service/update image or expert (whichever commando uses)
then go to flash one partition/flash without bootloader then chose image and o.k it.

Let it flash and then ftp your services and bouquest back on. Dont forget the network ip addy will probably be different so you wll have to change that when new image is on or change flashfxp to suit new ip addy.

Last edited:
thanks for that im geting the old pc out as for the hell of me i cant configure the Ethernet connection property's
in vista i cant fine them l
i think i rem most of what your saying time will tell
thanks again

thanks for that im geting the old pc out as for the hell of me i cant configure the Ethernet connection property's
thanks again

For Vista, the lan properties are IV4 in the list m8 and not IV6, if that makes sense.

thanks again
Go to Control panel > Network Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Connections
protocol version 6 & 4
disable IPV6 and enable ipv4 and also make sure that IPV4 has been given an inbuilt IP address one below the boxes ip.

Back