My Compositions on Soundcloud

hamba

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thought I would just share some of my creations that I've posted on soundcloud.

Probably not to everyone's taste but, well you never know.

https://soundcloud.com/hamb-1

If you do like any of my stuff it would be really nice if you could tick like on Soundcloud or even leave a comment.☺️

Excellent hamba!

(you'll need to do "The Sash" now though :LOL:)

Or The Auld Orange Flute.

I'm hoping I won't be cast out by my family (if/when they hear it).
:)

Last edited:
@Moriens

Thank you for following me on soundcloud Stevie. Nice to see you are still around.

:Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I promise I've never had a drop to drink tonight hamba, and I've enjoyed listening to some of your creations :D.
Don't take my comments too seriously though. Because I know eff all about music.
Glenside: I've heard it before sang by a young girl I think. Nice song.
But you put your own spin (or is it gentle rotation :) ) on it.
But as they say down here " yarra canny chanter" :).

Reverie:
Reminded me of watching an episode of The Prisoner, then watching it again 3 more times. And still not understanding it LOL.

Waves of Sound:
Got me thinking about Tubular Bells. I think it was the scratchy bit ;)

Into the Winter:
Must sound a bit like another Mike Oldfield one "In Dolce Jubilo" when yer hammered out on lsd or something pmsl.

Liminal:
Sounded Criminal ha! ha! just joking. But I pictured about 7 kids running into a church hall, and all playing hopelessly on the piano at the same time.
Then I could hear some of the "Get Carter" soundtrack rofl.

Walking Back:
Sounded very chirpy. Like yer walking back from a good day at the market. Very catchy.
I'm guessing its better than the walk there, anyway!

Man you must've spent hours / weeks / months / years on that lot.
When you mention using an iPad. How so? I'm genuinely interested.
More.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Is it Time Yet:
Hops along at a nice pace. Liked it!

Conquistador:
That one disappointed me because I was expecting to hear Procul Harum LOL

One thing I will say is your kind of vocals would not sound out of place alongside Maddy Prior, or Laying Down with The Strawbs.

Ok I'm taking it a bit far there m8.
But you do have a natural folk voice.

Good work m8. You have not wasted your time. :)

@wasnotwasD

Thanks for listening D. And for your comments - I think some of them are positive. :)

The iPad has been great for me musically. I've always loved singing but the backing I always left to others. I can play guitar but not really to performance level. Also, although I love singing, I've always felt a bit limited in what I can do with just my voice.

There are some great keyboard and synth apps for the iPad at a fraction of the cost of an actual keyboard or even a PC version. You can get Korg IPad keyboard apps for about £20.

Also it is possible to link apps - using inter-app audio or audiobus. So I can play one synth and record that to another program and swap between apps easily.

I do play all the stuff myself, it's not just loops. Generally I will just start playing around and then record it when I think I have something. Then I begin adding more tracks and little solo bits. Quite often I throw away the tracks I began with in the refining process.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mrs is getting an iPad for Christmas (she doesn't know it yet lol). So I might try something out.
I was given a Maschine Mikro a year ago, but it was far too complicated for me. So I gave it back. I didn't like the pad layout anyway.
So I messed around with the program anyway, using the little keyboard with the mouse. But everything took far too long to do. So I uninstalled the lot.

So I had a look at some youtube vids, after reading your reply.
Have you tried GarageBand ? That looks suitable for an absolute beginner like me.
But I'd prefer an actual keyboard too. Though some of the ones promoted on the vids looked chatty.
I know they reproduce the music through the app.
But when watching one. All i could hear was tappety tap with the plastic keys.
That would send me mad LOL.

The mrs is getting an iPad for Christmas (she doesn't know it yet lol). So I might try something out.
I was given a Maschine Mikro a year ago, but it was far too complicated for me. So I gave it back. I didn't like the pad layout anyway.
So I messed around with the program anyway, using the little keyboard with the mouse. But everything took far too long to do. So I uninstalled the lot.

So I had a look at some youtube vids, after reading your reply.
Have you tried GarageBand ? That looks suitable for an absolute beginner like me.
But I'd prefer an actual keyboard too. Though some of the ones promoted on the vids looked chatty.
I know they reproduce the music through the app.
But when watching one. All i could hear was tappety tap with the plastic keys.
That would send me mad LOL.

I started out using garageband: it has a lot of instruments included. I still use it but mostly for mixing and recording from other apps. It's a bit too easy to end up with clichéd stuff using garageband alone with all it's preset patterns, etc.

Ok, I'll try it anyway perhaps. As long as I end up making something that I like. It's a start.
BTW I was listening to you again last night, and true to fashion. It sounded better the more you listen. :)

Ok, I'll try it anyway perhaps. As long as I end up making something that I like. It's a start.
BTW I was listening to you again last night, and true to fashion. It sounded better the more you listen. :)

I hope you listened through proper speakers or headphones otherwise you can miss a lot. :)

Another app I would highly recommend is Thumjam: it has some really great samples and makes it easy to pick out tunes. I think there are some demo videos on YouTube.

Back