muti tvs and dreambox help badly neesed

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend has took the local pub and he asked me to help setting up all the tvs.

this how it goes:- 

Freeview arial on the roof with  one cable to cellar ,

dreambox 500s in cellar on a motoised dish

modem in cellar

av modulator in cellar.

so the freeview arial coax with an f connector goes into the av modulator,

The scart cable out from the dreambox goes in to av modulator 

then there's a coax cable with an f connectorout  from the av modulator to an f connecotr 4 way splitter.

From the f connector splitter there are 4 f conector cables feeding off to all 4 tvs in the pub upstairs.

all 4 tvs have built in freeview and all work fine but im struggling to pick up the dreambox on the tvs.

my questions are:-

Is the 4way f connector ok for splitting picture signals around the pub ?

Am I doing it right putting both the freeview roof arial and dreambox scart into the av modulator ?

What number channel should the av modulator be on ?

Should I then scan the tv selecting analogue or freeview ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You may need a powered splitter but it's worth a try with a passive one as you mentioned. You can have freeview and the dream box on the same line but may need to adjust the channel/frequency the modulator is on if there is any interference.

When tuning in leave the freeview on the tvs you will need to select analogue then tune.

I tried last night but still had no joy. I put the roof aerial and dreambox scart cable both into the rf modulator and scanned first freeview and it picked up all the freeview channels.

I then changed the TV to auto tuning which searches both freeview and analogue while the rf modulator was set to ch21 but got nothing on the analogue side just all the freeview channels again.

I then selected analogue from the search menu and selected ch21 on the TV while the rf modulator was also on ch21 and still got nothing.
Would it be a case of randomly selecting a channel on the rf modulator say 54 or something and scanning analogue ch54 on the TV ? or is there a preferred channel for a dreambox on the modulator ?

dreambox in a pub not my concern tbh , I'm just helping him out. As for "desired channel" I tried a few channels on both modulator and tv starting with 21 but none worked. It's def the right cable as I traced it back in the cellar to the tv.

Is there defiantly a picture coming out of the dream box through the scart? Try pressing the menu button.

yeah its working , I took it home and tried it .Everythings pointing to the rf modulator been knackered. I can't understand why the TV can't pick it up unless I need to try every channel from 21 to 67 then scan .

yeah its working , I took it home and tried it .Everythings pointing to the rf modulator been knackered. I can't understand why the TV can't pick it up unless I need to try every channel from 21 to 67 then scan .

Defiantly the modulator then. There isn't much to a modulator . Rf in rf out scart/composite and frequency setting. Have you got an old VCR knocking around? That's how I pipe my v+ to my bedroom and it works a treat.

I took another look and it turned out to be the psu for the modulator been the wrong voltage. He was using a 5v charger were it needed a 9v so it was lighting up but doing nothing.

Back