Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"multimo" Mobile Satellite Dish

calvtan

Member ++
Very compact and easy to store, this is an ideal satellite dish for mobile use.
Although it only measures 40cm in diameter, the dish has the performance of a 55cm unit and can be used over virtually the whole of Europe.
The dish itself mounts onto a base unit which can be simply placed on a table or clamped to a shelf or step. If preferred, the dish can be removed from its base and clamped to a pole, or tripod mount.
It’s suitable for use with both analogue and digital transmissions and, thanks to its built-in elevation scale, is remarkably easy to line up with the satellite.

Have anyone seen/use his one before? Is it good enough to receive astra19.2 signal? or eutelsat 16e?

I leave in a flat in central london, and can only use the communal dish which pointed to astra28 (Sly uk) or hotbird...

just finding alternative...
thanks

Thanks.

How about putting indoor, (behind the clear windows), do you think it will work?

Or does it need to be clear air?

Thank you very much for your reply...

This Premiere on Astra is getting on my head...or more like my support for my football club... is killing me...

i just want to watch them play any game... not enough $$$ yet for season ticket...

thank you all for the information, will look into it.... will update...if i found anything interesting...

What area do you live in Calvtan ???

Maybe if there is a member who lives close to you , can go round to
yours and have a look see at what problems you have and see if he
\she has any idea,s.

fezzy.: multi :

I've also used dishes through windows, balcony metal railings, solid plastic fences, lots of things, and thats for digital too. Sometimes you are surprised just how little amount of signal can get a picture. :)

yep but in his situation,

small dish+behind glass,does not equal 16e

16e is a weak sat compared to others, so I was saying you have no chance of 16e with a small dish behind glass.

You don't want the guy wasting his time.

Also you say you live in Central London in a flat.
More importent is depending on which way your flat faces, you may not be able to get any signal.
Have a look which way local dishes point (sky dishes 28.2e) and unless you have a wall/window pointing that way you won't get any signal.

I used to live in a block of flats and my old flat was on the wrong side of the building!
I had to bribe a neighbour to use his balcony and a longish cable to get a signal.

Just out of curiousity, if you had a decent size dish, would it get much (if any) signal in a loft (slate roof) ???

Curly

You couldnt have a motorised in a loft.

To get a signal in a loft, the dish has to be pointed through glass.

You wont get anything pointed through slate Cur1y.

Then behind glass it would be restricted because of the glass and unless you had a glass roof getting different sats.

If you can get away with a dish outdoors then thats your best bet.

If it's just for sky, use a hidden one.

Cheers for that.
I realise it sounded a daft question bur following pinkhelmets comments I thought I'd ask lol

I've spoken via pm with digi about my best option.
My house faces dead south at the front, so any dish would have to go on the front elevation.
It's more an appearence issue than anything else.
I've considered a pole on the back but don't care for that much either.
I've considered a clear dish,but then I'd still see the brackets etc.
I could get a metal one and paint it the same colour as the wall, but can't get "pebbledash paint" lol

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread, just pointing out why I was asking as putting one in the loft would have been a solution.

Back to Dulux's website then lol

Curly

Is you house terraced, detached?

Is the nowhere you could hide it,like the side of the house?

Do you have a front garden?
You can always install a dish low down as long as its got ling of sight.

Always remember it doesn't have to point at the sat, as its an offset dish.

Is you house terraced, detached?
Is the nowhere you could hide it,like the side of the house?
Do you have a front garden?
You can always install a dish low down as long as its got ling of sight.
Always remember it doesn't have to point at the sat, as its an offset dish.

It's a semi m8.
The side of the house faces west, so I'd struggle getting sats east, especially those far and lower down the arc.
As for putting it in the front garden, it might not be there in the morning lol.

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and put it on the front wall.

Curly

You might not necessary struggle on the side of the house.

Mine is a terraced.The dish is on a king post at the back of the house.
Roughly at 1w the dish is pointing straight.
I can get 53e which is pointing away from the house and over the people behinds house.
Then I can get all the way around to 45w which is pointing over my roof.

So as I say in a previous post the dish is offset so it doesn't have to have direct line of sight to the satellite.

What area do you live in Calvtan ???
Maybe if there is a member who lives close to you , can go round to
yours and have a look see at what problems you have and see if he
\she has any idea,s.
fezzy.: multi :

Just got back form work, and i am sure you all are having great chat... hahaha..

I live near paddington...my windows is facing south-east.... any good?

thank you all for the great feedback... really appreciate it..

Just got back form work, and i am sure you all are having great chat... hahaha..
I live near paddington...my windows is facing south-east.... any good?
thank you all for the great feedback... really appreciate it..

Sorry calvtan, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread, it's just some interesting points were raised lol

I'm still finding my feet with the sat stuff myself.

As I understand it, if your flat looks south east the you will be in the general direction of astra at 19.2E

Can you not clamp anything to a balcony railing or something??

Curly

Please don't apologise... i am more than happy for everyone to share ideas in this thread...

Now, my direction is right, what do i need to get the 19.2 signal? my flat rules and regulations is getting on my nerves... i suggested them to put a monoblock, but they say NO... all kind of excuses...

Anyway, anyone in central with a spare dish for me to try inside my living room?

My hands is getting very tempted to get the multimo, but i know my missus won't be happy, now she knows how much it costs...

Hi calvtan this might interest you about multimo:

http://www.satcure.com/accs/multimo.htm

epspecially this bit, if you want to test it out:

We strongly recommend that you buy, scrounge or borrow a dish of around 50cm diameter. If you get acceptable results with this dish positioned behind your window, then the chance of success with the "Multimo" is high.

A used dish can often be picked up at zero cost from a neighbour, the local tip, or any passing installer. Indeed you may be satisfied with the result and decide to keep the zero cost dish.

Please, therefore, don't ask us if the Multimo will work at your location. It's quite impossible to predict without actually trying it.

It is unlikely that a minidish or Multimo will work well behind glass if you are in northern England or in Scotland. But please try a minidish and find out!

It is unlikely that the Multimo will give satisfactory results from satellites other than those used for Sky Digital, unless you are in a strong signal area for the satellite in question. Please do not ask "will this work?" questions because we simply can't guess. Try a minidish.

HI all,

sorry to bother again.
I am looking for a type of satellite dish-equivalent BUT this satellite dish equivalent is the size of a box, and doesnt look like a dish....white box, but act like a dish

i remember chatting about it, but i can't find the name for it..

anyone with any ideas? thanks yet again for the help...

Back