Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time', Dead at 74

I've always thought the Thrilla in Manila is what caused the damage to Ali. With the heat and dehydration.
He also said that was the closest thing to death...I couldn't imagine him saying that lightly

RIP Ali

God rest his soul, one of the best boxers that ever lived. Me myself , I still say Sugar Ray Robinson was the best pound for pound that ever laced up a pair of gloves.

With him there'd be no Ali

God rest his soul, one of the best boxers that ever lived. Me myself , I still say Sugar Ray Robinson was the best pound for pound that ever laced up a pair of gloves.

With him there'd be no Ali

I would second that about Sugar Ray Robinson but Mohammed Ali transcended boxing and sport and was a one off. He will be remembered as the greatest of all time.
God bless him and may he rest in peace.

I agree , Ali did more than just boxing, There's a couple of bits on youtube and one were Ali talks about Sugar Ray and gladly says "If we are talking about pound for pound and not a heavyweights then Ray was the best boxer that ever lived".

Ali even asked him to manage him, Ali brought thats glitz and glamour after seeing a wrestler Gorgeous George get booe'd and he said that a good idea, they all paid in to boo him

Back