MS conducting fresh bans on modified Xbox 360 units from Live

filename is ptc-swcs,
ive also played online with it :( so all them games i thought passed cause i got all the ticks could b screwed ?

I'm not saying all of them are screwed, maybe just one or two, but that's enough for MS to detect your console.

Can't remember the Lego SW version, probably that one :-(

I'm not saying all of them are screwed, maybe just one or two, but that's enough for MS to detect your console.
Can't remember the Lego SW version, probably that one :-(

i better get ready to break the news to the g/f that the console we got 2 weeks ago might end up like the last 1 we brought 6 months ago, any 1 do bodyguard work ? lmfao

im testing a few games now like assasins creed i bet loads of peeps grabbed that 1 , it takes 4ever 2 read the disks though been going for 10 mins now & only @ 10%

surely if uve burnt a bad disc then rip it bk to pc the image will b the image of the bad disc so it wont b right ?

Na, i lend backups from my mate, he has a crap burner so sometimes they don't work on my console, i rip it and burn it slower speed and works 100%.

Exactly! I think there are some games out there that have stealth patch issues, but we think they are safe because xdvdmulleter passes all the tests.

Another example is F.E.A.R. Files 360. This passes all stealth checks on xdvdmulleter, yet the group that released the game posted a patch several hours later:

This PPF patch is for F.E.A.R.Files_USA_XBOX360-PROTOCOL
This patch fixes hundreds of missing sectors in the game partition from offset
0x10CA64800 to 0x10D378000.
There are 2 files in this area:
Game/Worlds/ReleaseXP2/W10_Subway.texCat and Game/Worlds/ReleaseXP/Subway_01a.texCat
Applying this patch will fix these 2 files to keep your game from crashing and also
keep you as safe as possible on XBL.

I hope Lego starwars isn't like that cos I played that online

The purpose of that patch was to repair some dodgy game data that caused the game to crash just after you entered the Subway level, it wasn't a stealth patch.

mines not getting the cable plugged back in again til ive got SWOS!!only reason i got live was for that!!

ive got 2 consoles , a modded one and a unmodded im gonna plug me hdd i been on live with into me unmodded one to c if they ban it . . . . here goes lol
. . . been switchin it on and off for 10 mins now , seems to be still conecting to xbox live ok . reason i tryed was ive been playn games on me modded xbox with that hdd that are not even released here yet .and it has games and achievments achievments stored on it that has loaded on to my gamer score on xbox live . . .
regards robby

Last edited:
just noticed that there requesting people to goto #xbox on efnet to help out

wouldnt it be easy for microsoft to go in that room and get a /dns report on everyone in that room and then compare there IP with XBL ips? then just ban them? if someone is banned by accident then they ring up and get it sorted!!

Mine seems fine.

I have a Hitatchi with the first iextreme released for it after the first wave of bans. I don't know which version it is, the first one posted here.

Since then I think I've only played pes 6 and 7 online. Played Halo once offline. Never played crackdown. Played a few others but not on live. Always run them through mulleter, but until now didn't know that wasn't 100%.

Gutted for those that have got done by this one. If mine had been banned I was planning on overheating it to get the ring and sending it back.

"and also keep you as safe as possible on XBL."

Meaning that the incorrect data may be noticed by MS when/if scanning, so best to repair the damaged files so that the checksums all add up correctly.

Nothing to do with a stealth patch.

Mine seems fine.
I have a Hitatchi with the first iextreme released for it after the first wave of bans. I don't know which version it is, the first one posted here.
Since then I think I've only played pes 6 and 7 online. Played Halo once offline. Never played crackdown. Played a few others but not on live. Always run them through mulleter, but until now didn't know that wasn't 100%.
Gutted for those that have got done by this one. If mine had been banned I was planning on overheating it to get the ring and sending it back.

Chances are you will get it back repaired still banned.

Meaning that the incorrect data may be noticed by MS when/if scanning, so best to repair the damaged files so that the checksums all add up correctly.

Nothing to do with a stealth patch.

That's exactly what I mean. The game therefore isn't safe and as such does not conceal (stealth) itself from MS

lol, i think the iXtreme stealth techniques have a little more to them than just making sure the files sizes are correct :)

Well I just got in from work an checked mine out ms25 drive with extreme 5.3 on (I think), and the fookers been banned this the 2nd time round for me chaps pmsl, least I still got 400 quid + worth of games to play on for nothing lol

Looks like someone will be getting a modded xbox again for there un-modded one.

Keep up the good work chaps!!!!!!

Regards

I have a hitachi with the first ixtreme 1.2 also put on it when first realeased, been playing all releases before they were out over here with no ban......

shouldnt have said that now should i lol

fingers crossed, sorry to hear u lads who have been banned :-(

well i bit the bullet last night and put mine on, i plugged the lead in so i was connected and i completed cod4 on single player, after that i checked and still ok so i had a blast online with it, again still ok, im going to check again today, one thing i did notice is that cod4 wasnt as busy as it had been and you could actually get a game, seems lots have been banned or are staying away from cod4, i think it probably has more to do with pre releasses being played or halo3 ( strange it was released early in the shops wasnt it, funny thing is i know no one that actually got it early from a shop, could it have been a rouse to get all the modders to chuck theres in thinking it was safe to do so?)

anyway the log shows nothing unusual so its not firmware related, so it is disk related (or specific game related) or something else we dont know about but it cant be fool proof as not everyone has being hit.

well i bit the bullet last night and put mine on, i plugged the lead in so i was connected and i completed cod4 on single player, after that i checked and still ok so i had a blast online with it, again still ok, im going to check again today, one thing i did notice is that cod4 wasnt as busy as it had been and you could actually get a game, seems lots have been banned or are staying away from cod4, i think it probably has more to do with pre releasses being played or halo3 ( strange it was released early in the shops wasnt it, funny thing is i know no one that actually got it early from a shop, could it have been a rouse to get all the modders to chuck theres in thinking it was safe to do so?)
anyway the log shows nothing unusual so its not firmware related, so it is disk related (or specific game related) or something else we dont know about but it cant be fool proof as not everyone has being hit.
ive been using dvd mulletor on games but most come up as "this game was not found in the crc database sorry " is this still ok to play ? ( call of duty is 1 of em if any 1 wants to know gac-cod4)

ive been using dvd mulletor on games but most come up as "this game was not found in the crc database sorry " is this still ok to play ? ( call of duty is 1 of em if any 1 wants to know gac-cod4)

i didnt download that version, the version i downloaded was x360-cod4 and that passed all checks.

Major Nelson has the magical touch

MaxConsole reader Sean emailed us in an updated regarding his banned Xbox 360 despite him never having actually modified the firmware. He got in touch with Major Nelson who seems to have fixed his acccount and un-banned his system. So if you've been a victim of this, then get in touch with Nelson and see what he could do for you.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

It was really cool that your printed my e-mail. I just have an update for you.

So I actually heard back from Major Nelson. I'm not sure what he did, or if the situation in general has just been corrected. However he asked me to try my account again, and bam! it now works fine.

I can connect to Live! and I don't think I've ever been as happy. So its nice to know that Major Nelson really does care about everyone out there on Live!

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=22991

looks like other ppl got banned who was not flashed wtf are ms doing

Back