Moving Radiator

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to move a radiator not to far from its present position

Was going to attempt this myself, I've replaced radiators in the house where they have stayed in the same place no problem but never moved the pipe work.

Can speed fittings be used for this otherwise guess its going to have to be soldered elbows which I've not got torch for.

Apart from getting someone in what are the options

Yes M8, stick with copper for the pipework and use a cutter rather than a hacksaw. You may need to add clips/timber to support the runs.

Yes M8, stick with copper for the pipework and use a cutter rather than a hacksaw. You may need to add clips/timber to support the runs.

Thats one of the few things I do have is a cutter, so down the solder elbows route. Any recommendations for a cheap gas torch

Nooo! You can use copper in pushfit connectors! If you use plastic you'll need strengthening plugs was what I meant. Easiest to buy pushfit copper joints.

Nooo! You can use copper in pushfit connectors! If you use plastic you'll need strengthening plugs was what I meant. Easiest to buy pushfit copper joints.

Cool, so cooper pipe and just use pushfit fittings

Thanks for the advice

Where you located mate. I got a torch an just added a rad so fresh with it all lol

Your about 50 mins away from me. Could poss help out, depends when tbh

Cheers Mate, theres no rush on my side at the moment though, I've got a load of things on the go at the moment in the house currently and this one has just landed on me. Rad needs moving to back wall in picture and part of the breeze block on stair case needs to be removed to get furniture up and then replaced with wood. Got a load of furniture from oakland and it will not go up.

The wall at the back is not drywall just a thin piece of board so will be a while before the rad goes back on.

https://flic.kr/p/qPF9xk

Last edited:
Tectight fittings mate, they are push fit and made of copper. Looks like the real thing and not as cumbersome as your john guest or hep push fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back