Moving out of a cable area

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i may be moving out of a cable area. if i do what do i need to get lots of tv. ie what reciever? what box? at the moment ive got a dream box. if there is a thread or tut somewhere point me in the right direction. ps i dont want to pay for the subscription, only the minimum like cable. any suggestions would be great. i would normally read through some stuff but there is sooooooooooo much that i could be here for months before i found out. a big thanks in advance.

To start off m8 you want to get a technomate 1500 with a (ebay) motorized dish,about £220 this can be patched to receive loads of channells, just now there are quite a few open like D+ , Premier , and tps all in English (well most)

thanks guys. im a newb when it comes to sattelite. this gives me something to start from.

ps whats the adult content like??? wink wink. for education only you understand. lol

forgat to ask is there plenty help on this here? how to patch etc. im used to flashing dbox and stuff. so i would need to star t from scratch again.

To start off m8 you want to get a technomate 1500 with a (ebay) motorized dish,about £220 this can be patched to receive loads of channells, just now there are quite a few open like D+ , Premier , and tps all in English (well most)

£220 is to expensive for a Technomate with a motorised system.

thanks guys. im a newb when it comes to sattelite. this gives me something to start from.

ps whats the adult content like??? wink wink. for education only you understand. lol

On Hotbird 13.0 and Astra 19.2 are some adult channels, with the TM you can open some channels (Premier Erotic Portal for example )

£220 is to expensive for a Technomate with a motorised system.

I was checking out the wizzard page they had a motorised 80cm dish with lnb and a mounting bracket for £105 and the the Technomate 9100 PVR for £109. I thought compared to buying a DM600PVR and the rest of the kit this seemed reasonable.

The technomate really suits beginners because it is very simple to set up and use, its the most user-friendly box out there. We also have a whole section just for technomate help so it is a good choice of receiver.

I was checking out the wizzard page they had a motorised 80cm dish with lnb and a mounting bracket for £105 and the the Technomate 9100 PVR for £109. I thought compared to buying a DM600PVR and the rest of the kit this seemed reasonable.

I have reckoned with the TM 1500 Ci+, you are right the 9100 is the better choice. But I have paid for my motorised Triax TDS 88 only £79 on eBay.

Not sure if this is relevant but What DreamBox do you have?

I've just bought a DM600PVR and I bought an additonal tuner at the same time to have a sat & cable tuner for the same box. It was straight forward to swap them over and has given me plenty to play with. If I'd had a bit more money I think I would have gone for the 7025 which can take both tuners at the same time.

Back