Moving house with Sky

Matt-LivUniSkydivers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a question regarding moving house with Sky...

I've currently 6 months into a Sky+HD contract at my house, and I'm moving back in with my dad down the road in a few weeks and he is 6 months into a Sky+ setup.

Some extra info.... Dumped in my front yard is a sky mini-dish with a quad LNB, and at my dads there is also an old Sky digital dish still in position. (Sky installed a new disk for his Sky+ as the old Sky digital one is in an awkward position)

What are my options for getting both Sky+ boxes running? Is there a difference between a HD dish/LNB? I'm thinking I could stick the quad LNB (if it even works) on the existing Sky+ dish and run another shotgun cable from it thus leaving my dish here. Or, should I take my dish and cable and stick it where the old Sky digi dish at my dads currently is?

Finally, either way its possible I'll need more Sky cable so what type should I look to buy?

If your dad is using sky+ he will already have a quad lnb on his dish, in which case you can run your cable off that dish and have your HD in your room. If you need more cable just try and catch a sky lad working from his van. He'll most likely sort you out with the cable you need (for a price obviously) If not it's available all over the net. You don't have to have shotgun cable, it just looks better running along your wall.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the quad LNB being standard on Sky+ dishes. I gave my cousin a ring who works for a satellite installation company about 30mins away, and he is going to try and hook me up with the cable :) Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the heads up regarding the quad LNB being standard on Sky+ dishes. I gave my cousin a ring who works for a satellite installation company about 30mins away, and he is going to try and hook me up with the cable :) Fingers crossed!

if not there are loads of bundles on ebay for say 20m of shotty cable and clips to pin it with pretty reasonably priced too. its a shame you are still in contract with sky or you could of gone for an hd multiroom install and that would of cost you 20 a month instead of the 50 odd you are paying (assuming you have the sky world hd package)

Back