Mountain Bike

As for your withdrawl symptons,I,m not surprised...............Thats some aircrft when did you get your pilots licence?

LoL, I took it during on of my jaunts earlier this year - HERE

Never seen one of them before seedy_rom. A Reebok bike is it?

'Tis a Reebok Twenty9 I bought from JJB Sports in the summer.
It was the only one they had in the shop, I haven't been able to find any others on the net either.

I think that Reebok bike was for promotional purposes :Laugh: Don't jump it too hard..

IIRC I remember those Landrover bikes but that was years ago. Edit just did a quick search and I see that they are now for sale. A few years ago they were giving them away for free with the new Discoveries. It used to be a foldaway job that you could easily store in the boot.

I think I'll dig up a pic of my bike as well.

go for a BH, man!

What...as a second bike???

@ Munkey

It seems sturdy enough, but I seldom take it of anything larger than a kerb or pothole :)

I've got a couple of side paniers fitted to it just now in readiness for the good weather. I'll be strapping my tent & kit to it & taking off for the weekend (well that's the plan anyway :)).

What...as a second bike???

@ Munkey

It seems sturdy enough, but I seldom take it of anything larger than a kerb or pothole :)

I've got a couple of side paniers fitted to it just now in readiness for the good weather. I'll be strapping my tent & kit to it & taking off for the weekend (well that's the plan anyway :)).

You nutter it's freezing out there, XC camping in Scotland in Jan or Feb or even March will be tough on old bones.

My Bike minus the panniers.

marinlakes.jpg

You nutter it's freezing out there, XC camping in Scotland in Jan or Feb or even March will be tough on old bones.

My Bike minus the panniers.

marinlakes.jpg

Nice bit of kit there m8.

It may be tough on old bones, but you've forgotten about the value that good preparation adds to a journey, so I've decided to pack early in anticipation of my future journey.

All the essentials are packed, however I've still got one problem...I've got rid of all the non-necessary stuff, but there still doesn't seem to be enough room for the tent or sleeping bag!!!

Provisions.jpg

halfords have some great bikes

Not a halfords fan me i prefur to buy from a proper bike shop they will sell you anything and the kids at the sales desk dont care about after service.

ditto or buy a good frame and build one yourself:) Thats what I done, I have a custom built full suss and an off the peg hardtail.

Not a halfords fan me i prefur to buy from a proper bike shop they will sell you anything and the kids at the sales desk dont care about after service.

Spot On draca.

Halfords are a total waste of space,there alright if you want a cheap and nasty bike for a paper round.

i second that went to halfords with my dad when he got his satnav which hi reserved online 6 lads stood one end of the counter laughing and basicaly fooking around and the lasss who served us was as much use as a chocolate firegaurd.

Spot On draca.

Halfords are a total waste of space,there aright if you want a cheap and nasty bike for a paper round.

They do sell Kona's and GT's which as you know a good bikes they also have an exclusive with Chris Boardman, who's bikes are getting VERY good reviews at the moment due to price, spec and performance.

They do sell Kona's and GT's which as you know a good bikes they also have an exclusive with Chris Boardman, who's bikes are getting VERY good reviews at the moment due to price, spec and performance.

I still wouldn't buy a bike from there mate i just could not bring my self to.I think its with me working in a proper bike shop for years(not now tho) we used to get tones of work in off the like's of halfords and toys r us and the customers used to tell us some really shocking stuff about after sales and warrantee stuff.Plus as you probs know the guys that work there haven't a clue.Just a man set in my ways i wouldn't buy a car from asda either lol.

I bought my first MTB about 7 years ago.

It was from Asda and cost £75.

The first outing on it was OK (10 miles to work), but on the return journey home, the right hand crank shaft fell off (the threads had stripped off the cotter pin).
I was OK, but thought I'd better ham it up for the compen' letter.

Anyway. long story short, I wrote a letter to Asda complaining that it had broken on a busy road & I had fell causing my jeans to rip at the knees.

I remember writing that I was sent careering across a busy highway & was very lucky that the consequences hadn't been fatal.

I was given £80 vouchers to cover the jeans, and asked to change the bike for a replacement.

Cheap crap bike, but if they're gonna design & sell something that's going to fail as easily as it did, then they deserve all the get.

I was very lucky, but others might not be so.

I still wouldn't buy a bike from there mate i just could not bring my self to.I think its with me working in a proper bike shop for years(not now tho) we used to get tones of work in off the like's of halfords and toys r us and the customers used to tell us some really shocking stuff about after sales and warrantee stuff.Plus as you probs know the guys that work there haven't a clue.Just a man set in my ways i wouldn't buy a car from asda either lol.

Agreed, but I would buy one depending on the price. As I can strip and repair mine with my eyes closed. As stated previously my full suss is no where near std, as mine was build from the frame up. Most recent change was to an external bottom bracket:)
I normally buy my parts from either chainreaction or a LBS

Back