Motorized system advice in Spain

dantis

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking at motorising an 80cm dish here in southern Spain. I have read the detailed instructions on DW but would like to know the following:
It seems that I start with 0.8w as my reference satellite, can I receive a signal here and if so which tp should I use? Is there any reason that I could not use say 13e as my reference as I know I can get a good signal on this satellite? Or is it too far away from due south?
My current set up includes an 80cm fixed dish with lnbs at 19.2 and 13 east which I can motorise (just for fun really).

Any advice appreciated.

use thor 0.8 w because its the highest point and everything falls to the left and right , get thor and you should get the others in the arch that's why mate , I always use 10747 v 25000 3/4

good luck

I have never used usals is it easy to set u and what if you need to fine tune don't you need to switch diseqc 1.2 on

If using usals you can use any sat to set up.
I think 5w would be ref sat if using diseqc for southern spain.

Okay, so to comfirm then, I point the dish at due south as accurate as possible then drive the dish to 5w using USALS, then fine tune for best signal, then I can check the rest of the arc, does that sound right?

Also, do I need to use Diseqc 1.2?

I will be using a Diseqc anyway as I want to combine the motorised dish with two other fixed dish inputs.

Last edited:
Okay, so to comfirm then, I point the dish at due south as accurate as possible then drive the dish to 5w using USALS, then fine tune for best signal, then I can check the rest of the arc, does that sound right?

Also, do I need to use Diseqc 1.2?
I will be using a Diseqc anyway as I want to combine the motorised dish with two other fixed dish inputs.

Funnily enough I have just come down from my own rooftop... installing a motorised dish! It got cold & dark, but I got the arc right just as my fingers were going numb. I use 7W as a reference here, as @manic01 says, 5W is good for where you are.
USALS is good if your arc is spot on (i.e. perfectly centralised), it saves a lot of time 'finding' and saving all the various sat's, as it 'knows' where they all are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back