Motorised cable choice

BanjoXo71

DW Member +
Reaction score
hi, i will be getting my dish installed soon and was wondering which cable to buy.

WF100 or RG6

i will be using a triax Heavy duty 90 cm dish with inverto black ultra quad LNB
technomate 2600 super motor
vu+ duo reciever

from unit to dish will be around 25-30 metres in length

thanks

hi, i will be getting my dish installed soon and was wondering which cable to buy.

WF100 or RG6

i will be using a triax Heavy duty 90 cm dish with inverto black ultra quad LNB
technomate 2600 super motor
vu+ duo reciever

from unit to dish will be around 25-30 metres in length

thanks

use the best cable that you can afford m8, rg6 is fine but go with wf100 if you can. regards mdt

Systemsat do a twin wf100 belden webro 35 meters for around £40 or you can get a 100m single drum for a little less if you shop around, looks like you've spent some good money on kit so don't get let down by a dodgy cable you'll only rip it out again next year :proud:

i always use rg6 rather than wf100

dm500's have problems with wf100 but with rg6 they are fine

so i just use rg6 with any box

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

use the best cable that you can afford m8, rg6 is fine but go with wf100 if you can. regards mdt

i decided to fit RG6 mate, i think it was 18-20m long so should be fine, people tell me 25m is the max for rg6

i have got my dish up and flashed my new vu+ duo with the latest image and uploaded my bouquets, no lnb is connected as of yet, just waiting for the wind to calm down before i finish the cableing

I am looking for it to be aligned now to finish it off, i live in heywood, about 12 miles from bolton, saw u fitted in the list of installers, would u be willing to align my dish and get things right for me?

what will be the cost coz i will pay mate and approx how long would it take?

Thank you

man that building looks like its gonna screwyou over for the eastern signals

man that building looks like its gonna screwyou over for the eastern signals

i did think about that but my sly works perfect at 28.2 east, what distance is needed approx from the dish to obsticale for it not to recieve a good signal?

when we put the dish up yesterday i pointed the dish to were 28.2 east is approx from looking at my sly dish, obviously its not the aligned yet

Last edited:
if the obstacle is twice the distance as its height from the bottom of the dish you should be ok.eg if building is 20 mt high and you dish is mounted 10 mt up you would need to be 20 mts away as the actual height above dish would be 10mt.

Back