motorbike test failed

bobby boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
took my motorbike test failed for putting foot down on a u turn well gutted done loads ov em never put a foot down yet absoulty gutted i hate tests suppose i have to try again just feel like i have let myself down

Sorry to hear that m8, you'll have it next time though :)
I been a biker for a very long time (38 yrs) my test was:
7 times around the block, 3 one way 4 in the other direction
6 or 7 questions
riding at walking pace
and the emergency stop, bloke must have been a hundred yards away :FRIGHT:

devastated for you
you know what you did wrong m8 put straight back in and go for it
you will pass
good luck on the next test

I took my bike test 28 yrs ago, I was out of sight of the examiner most of the time as he was on foot. Asked me a couple of questions about the highway code and that was that.

I have ridden ever since and still do. I think it's good you guys get taught properly and tested properly. I lost a few mates back in those days, couple on RD250's (Pre LC days) and one on a 750 kettle. (Suzuki, some of you remember them maybe?).

Those days you could jump on a 250cc 2 stroke the day of your 17th birthday and hare up the road at 100mph+ without ever having any sort of training or reading the highway code even. Three months later you took your test and was on a 1000cc bike with a hinge in the middle, paper mache brakes and balsa wood tyres. (AKA Z1 Kawasaki)

No wonder so many of us came to grief.

These days things are better, Sorry you failed your test. But better to take a test twice and stay alive to tell the tale. Three of my mates would have liked to be around to tell the tale.

I'm not saying passing or failing today will keep you alive, but just perhaps fate says that now you won't be on a motorway at a particular time on a particular day. Maybe it's for a reason? Funny thing fate !

Convert

Last edited:
Just keep plugging away at it m8, i am sure you will be posting soon that you past your test, then you will be a very happy chap.

i thing the examiners are on a comission for failing people so they get more money as you have to go through your test again

Sorry to here you did no pass, it took me three times to do it and that was about 40 years ago. I don't ride anymore, but miss alot. I'd love an Harley, but it's the other half won't let me. Mind you I don't miss it on days like these it's pissing down here.

Anyway best of luck for next time.

Sorry you didn't get through.

You'll do it next time! :drink:

Aftermath, I have a friend who is an examiner, there's no way she would pass or fail anyone for an incentive. But she did say that the examiners don't like to be seen to be more lenient or less lenient than their colleagues so they "balance things" to look average. No outside pressure, more peer pressure.

Convert

I failed mine for the same reason mate, I was a bundle of nerves and the tester didnt help, next time out I aced everything no minors at all ;) Good Luck mate and don't dwell on it.

hello sorry to hear about the fail mate. i failed mine for forgetting to cancal my indicator then a bird was doing hers after she put her foot down on the u turn and thought she had failed but he passed her :( need to put back in for mine but have to do my cbt and theory again

Har luck but I am sure that next time you will just breeze through it .Daft to fail you on just that anyway well thats what I think.

when l took mine u only had to drive in a straight line lol, l know its harder now , a m8 of mine is 60 and he carnt get though the theory

took my motorbike test failed for putting foot down on a u turn well gutted done loads ov em never put a foot down yet absoulty gutted i hate tests suppose i have to try again just feel like i have let myself down

Jazus lad thats a bit harsh.I got my full licence here in Dublin two years ago and as far as our testers are concerned you are NOT penalised for putting your foot down on the u-turn.The whole idea is to show you are in control of the bike and by putting your foot down you have adjusted your position to remain in control. I think you were done there mate,surely by now the E.U. have harmonised all this shit.What do you think?

sorry m8 the u turn is pain in the arse!
the way i did it was with quite high steady revs,using the clutch at the biting point constantly adjusting the tiny clutch movements,but i suppose you know this.
also DONT touch the front brake while turning or it pulls the bike over,allways use the rear brake on u turns.

good luck next time m8,

: motor :

i thing the examiners are on a comission for failing people so they get more money as you have to go through your test again

Putting your foot down on a u-turn is an instant fail.. its not up to the examiner in that situation.
Also locking the back wheel on a emergency stop, just don't use the back brake.

Good luck to the OP next time, hopefully the nerves would have gone.

you will pass next time was just nerves go straight back in for it now

Sorry to hear that m8, youll get it next time.

Just like to add putting your foot down when doing that monouver is not an automatic fail. you CAN put foot down but if he deems you are not in control then yes it an automatic fail.

Back