MOFO ebay effing beeps

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ok i won a ps2 with 50 games for £26.50 + £15 pnp on ebay which i thought was a good buy anways they first said we need an extra £3.50 for postage so me being the type of person i am said fair do's and paid that.As i was getting it mainly for the games as i didnt have any of them in my collection.Any ways was just checking my ebay to see if item had been sent.

I had a message so i thought ok whos this from anyways from the same guy

And he now wants another £20 for postage im really effing hacked off tbh aint my fault if you dont get the effing postage right.And im damn sure it doesnt cost £30 to send via royal mail hes claim was the parcel weighed 11kg so any one have any clues how much that would cost to send via royal mail?

Man some people bare in mind i have already paid £15 postage FWEFEWFEWFEIJDF sorry im just so mad and dont wanna swear.

gah ebay

The price quoted for postage on the listing is the price you pay.

Anybody trying to screw more is in breach of ebay terms of service.

i'd tell him where to stuff the extra postage costs and if he doesn't like it then report him to ebay.

i'd tell him where to stuff the extra postage costs and if he doesn't like it then report him to ebay.

Precisely!

...and as is usual with a lot of ebay rants, the problem is the seller/buyer, not ebay.

I hope you made the original payment through Paypal. If you don't get what you paid for, at the advertised postage cost, then you get your money back.

Last edited:
Express 9, next day by 9am = £41.17 + vat
Express 10, next day by 10am = £32.83 + vat
Express AM, next day by noon = £25.50 + vat
Express 24, next day delivery = £21.17 + vat
Express 48, 48hr Delivery = £17.83 + vat

The above are the prices and options available for an 11 Kg parcel with Parcel Force.

Tell him to use Parcel Monkey - much cheaper.

Personally, i'd refuse to pay more - HE gave the options for postage, it's HIS responsibility to get prices and make sure accurate - i do. Tell him to send it or he's being reported to eBay for breach of regs.

Its funny really how as soon as i said im going through eaby as i didn't like the email i got of him this morning and tbh i was very happy with the rudeness and the swearing he put in the email to me cause i don't see why i should have to keep paying more and more aint my fault it sold so cheap.

and yes very true it isnt ebay its the buyers and sellers.If you want a certain price for something then put that as a buy it now or on reserve if you didn't want it to go to auction.But he is now reported as im sick to death of him tbh he has asked for extra money twice first time i paid £3.50 but i wernt gonna pay him another £20 so he can go fly for his money and i hope he dont sell it.

But anyway time to breath again lol.I just wish people were upfront about their prices and not keep asking for more its the first major prob ive had on ebay for a long time and ive been using it since 2006.

I don't understand why people put recorded, it provides next to no cover.

Also I always check weight and price on Royal Mails site, before i put the auction live.

The price of the auction and postage is set, if it costs him more it's his loss. Period.

I don't understand why people put recorded, it provides next to no cover.

It's more just to be able to prove you've sent it to, cuts out the majority of the scammers looking for an easy rip off and claim they've never received it.

It's more just to be able to prove you've sent it to, cuts out the majority of the scammers looking for an easy rip off and claim they've never received it.

That's fine if your sending a letter, ticket or something envelope size, but it just doesn't work with packages. I've seen it the same for mobile phones etc, then they get the post office, realise a) the cost is stupid and b) PO will tell them to send it by other means (such as Parcel Force) because it only covers about £45.

Recorded, is pretty much their old "Signed For"

Standard post items are actually dealt with differently than the likes of special delivery, parcels etc as they just end up in bulk mail so are more likely to be lost.

To be fair it's just a) lack of knowledge by the sender and b) a degree of attempting to save cash and laziness to look.

Last edited:
Back