• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mobo, Processor, Gfx card & RAM for <£150

zezayer

Inactive User
I'm looking to replace my ageing AMD 2000+, crappy mobo and Nvidia 2 gfx card, so what is the best barebones system of:

Mobo
Processor (& cooling)
RAM
Gfx Card

...I can get together for less than £150? (or maybe a bit more if its a really good deal :D )

I am more than happy with building it myself and the only things that it must have is the ability to hold 4 IDE drives (2 HDD's and 2 DVD Drives) To save me replacing them...

Ta...

Last edited:
I'm looking to replace my ageing AMD 2000+, crappy mobo and Nvidia 2 gfx card, so what is the best barebones system of:

Mobo
Processor (& cooling)
RAM
Gfx Card

...I can get together for less than £150? (or maybe a bit more if its a really good deal :D )

I am more than happy with building it myself and the only things that it must have is the ability to hold 4 IDE drives (2 HDD's and 2 DVD Drives) To save me replacing them...

Ta...
hi m8

You could get it together for about £150, but it will also be an aging system in a couple of months.

Have a look here http://www.aria.co.uk/Deal4Today

Something like this : ?

Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 Socket 775 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2GHz

MSI GeForce 8500GT 256MB HDMI Low-Profile Silent PCI-E

1GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM

All yours for £137.97 plus about 8 quid delivery.

Hope this is helpful

Yoinker

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member

Mobo
Processor (& cooling)
RAM
Gfx Card

Ta...
Digicol is the man to ask on this one, he is very clued up on desktop components and prices.

robc11

DW Member ++
You could always try building one online using LambdaTek, it will tell you if all your components are compatible with each other, before you buy.