mobile sim deal wanted

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, my contract on my iphoen is about to run out in 9 days, so im after a sim only deal this time i think, i have a iphone 4 but not too bothered about it been a proper iphone 4 sim card, as the contract im on now was originally for a iphone 3gs and i just chopped it down as i would of lost minutes and texts etc, so i dont mind which it it sim card wise, recently moved and the contrazct im on now is o2 and the signal is terrible, the amount of times the phone nearly went threw the window as its a nightmare when phone keeps cutting out and people send you texts at 9am and you dont recieve them until 2pm or sumot daft, so o2 is a no no really other wise i would have gone with giffgaff they have some great deals on, my mums with orange and her signal is pretty good so im presuming tmobile would be the same so either of them would be good, anyone know of any deals going ? would like about 300 minutes , unlimited texts is a must and abit of internet aswell, thanks

your not the only one with a bad siginal on o2, i have tried all sims and the best for siginal is vodafone well in my area anyway not sure of there deals but i do know they have just started one.

LOOK HERE

i know you were on o2 but i would highly recommend giff gaff...

£15 top up gives you 300 mins unlimited text unlimited data. or if you use it a lot you can top up £35 (iirc) and get unlimited everything all depends how much u want and use

600 minutes
unlimited texts £7.50 a month on sim only
you can also put £20 on and swap it for 6 months unlimited internet

Ive heard a few good things about vodaphone signal wise napster and jsut looked at your link and that 13a month deal looks good, 300 minutes about rightt for me, 3000 txts which is around unlimited for most companies, i think most are 3200, and internet useage aswell, ive got a pay as you go vodaphone sim here so i cud too it up with 5 quid and use it for few days and see how it went,
neorage i looked at giffgaff and there deals are great but they run off o2 network which i cant cope with, when im at home its pointless havin a mobile as i cant hardly use it
Craigneuk whos that with mate?

If you are happy to keep your phone why dont you try a cashback deal.

I dont use my phone much so I got 300 mins (you can get 600, 900 or even more), 300 texts and unlimited internet on t-mobile (best signal for me here). I got a cheap Nokia phone free (which I sold on ebay for £20) and I got £60 from topcashback (like quidco but better cashback) for starting a new contract (I kept the number I've had for years). I pay £25 per month but get that back in my bank account every 4 months. It's an 18 month contract and after the 18 months is up I will have had every penny back and even made £80 on the deal with selling the phone and using topcashback.

For the same monthly fee i could have had 300 mins and unlimited texts with 500mb of internet.

There are lots of deals to go around, all you have to do is mail in your bills (they give you coupons so you know which bills to send), normally it after the 4th, 8th, 12th, 15th and 18th months. A small price to pay to get ALL your money back.

If you look at it from an overall perspective (IE: after 18 months) then it works out way cheaper than any pay-as-you-go sim, because even if you top-up only once for £5 in the 18 months it's more than these cashback deals.

Both me & the mrs have been doing these deals for the last 12 years, so in that time we haven actually paid line rental and have had the benefits of lots of mins and texts.

We use buymobilephones but there are other sites doing it, even some that are owned by carphone wherehouse.

This is a comparison site for deals - Mobile phone price comparison site.

best thing to do is look around the internet, find the free sim offers and try them in your phone see which gives you the best signal, all that will cost you is a bit of time :)

Thanks captin il look into that and the site you said,
thing i would like to do if possible is keep my number but not sure what happens if my contract ends, i should of started looking earlier really but forgot all about it, il try this vodaphone sim i got in my phone tonight and see how the signal is, then work from there i think, thanks everyone for replys

To keep your number ring your provider before your contract ends and ask them for your PAC code and then give this to your NEW provider and this will port your number over.

They may charge you if you are not near the end of your contract.

I've been with t-moble, O2, Voda and Orange over the last decade and kept the same number throughout.

check quidco for vodafone sim deals

INCREASED RATE

£200

for a 12 month SIM only (£41+ tariff)

INCREASED RATE

£180

for a 12 month SIM only (£31+ tariff)

INCREASED RATE

£165

for a 12 month SIM only (£26+ tariff)

INCREASED RATE

£120

for a 12 month SIM only (£20.50 tariff)

INCREASED RATE

£100

for a 12 month SIM only (£15.50 tariff)

INCREASED RATE

£70

for a 12 month SIM only (£13 tariff)

INCREASED RATE

£60

for a 12 month SIM only (£10.50 tariff)

yeah im gona ring up on monday to get my pac and try vodaphone for the year, thanks maca as i always forget to use quidco but abit of cash back by the looks of things for the 13 pound a month sim only deal, so for 13 pound il get 300 minutes, 3000 texts, 100md of data but plus 750mb wifi with bt open zone, but is that last bit a month, i no the 300 minutes and 3000texts and 100mb of data is a month but what about the 750mb open zone wifi is that a month of for the hole year ? thanks

Hi again, was just browsing & remembered about the vodaphone sure signal box, has anyone got one and are they worth the money ? It looks like now its a one off payment i think last time was more subscription, 5 pound a month a think or got it free if you had 40 pound a month contract, so does anyone know if it is just a one off payment as if it works it could be a good thing for my area, heres a link to the sure signal box

Vodafone Sure Signal - Buy Sure Signal on Vodafone

Thanks

t mobile and unlimited texts means unlimited i sent 21.000 one month

well ive had a vodaphone sim in for couple of hours now and signal seems pretty good, alot better than o2, also with vodaphone im getting 3g which i dint get with o2, even rang o2 this mornign to get my pac code and the lady was very honest, she said we would like to keep you obviously but to be honest your area is very very poor for o2, thew signal just isnt there so best advice would be to join someone else, thats her words, i cant cope with o2 again which is a shame as giffgaff do some good deals, , but im going for the 13 pound a month deal for 300 minutes, 3000 texts, 100mb internet and 750mb wifi bt openzone aswell, i will also do some more research into this sure signal box just as a back up but dont think i will need it with vodaphone, but its there if it is needed, thanks for all the help and replys,

if you dont mind me askin which part of yorkshire are you from. :) come from there myself many years ago

t mobile and unlimited texts means unlimited i sent 21.000 one month

Sorry for going off-topic but how the feck can you send 21,000 texts in a month? We should start a thread to see if anyone's ever sent more than that.
HH.

Sorry for going off-topic but how the feck can you send 21,000 texts in a month? We should start a thread to see if anyone's ever sent more than that.
HH.

did he mean £21 worth of texts in 1 month.

if you dont mind me askin which part of yorkshire are you from. :) come from there myself many years ago

just on the out skirts of selby, village called brayton, one side of brayton is excellent for o2, side im at though is crap lol,

nope 21,000 texts in one month. i was with vodaphone and i sent 2993 in 6 days so they cancelled my contract as the unlimited to them was 3000. its mostly jokes someone sends me one and i pass it on to 64 people in one group. tmobile vairy touch had a counter on it thats how i know how many i sent at the minute i am using nokia 5800 express but it doesn't tell you a total. so with all these riots i could have surpased the 21,000 mark this month lol

giffgaff goodybags

A giffgaff goodybag is a mix of UK minutes, texts and mobile Internet that lasts for a month.

£5 goodybag - 60 minutes, 300 texts, extra minute for every Inbound minute received unlimited Free calls and texts to giffgaffers
£10 goodybag - 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile Internet for a month Free calls and texts to giffgaffers
£15 goodybag - 400 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile Internet for a month Free calls and texts to giffgaffers
£20 goodybag - 800 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile Internet for a month Free calls and texts to giffgaffers
£25 goodybag - 1,500 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile Internet for a month Free calls and texts to giffgaffers
£5 goodybag - unlimited texts for a month

best deal in uk and with no contract and free 0800 numbers as well

and for joining get a taster with a £5 free credit to help start you off

join up here for a free SIM card

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gav12345

Last edited:
Back