Mobile Phone Numbers

wytherman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya guys, sorry not been on in a week, been extremley bz.

I have a problem. My wife keeps getting dodgy text messages from a number she doesnt know. We phoned the Police, they said the phone providers won't pass on any info about whos number it is until an actual crime is commited, and they say although dodgy texts are a nuisance, they dont view them as serious enough to pursue.

What I want to know. Is it possible to trace a mobile phone number without going through the providers? Is it legal? Does anyone know of any software that works in the UK that enables you to do this? (unsure if this is legal also).

I appreciate pay as you go numbers will be very hard to trace ownership as they change hands all the time but contract phones should be easier as they are contracted to a person.

Any help at all on this matter would be very much appreciated and I thank you all in advance.

If you phone your provider and explain your situation they might block the number from coming through!

I want to trace the number. I want to know who is responsible if ya know what I mean?

Its ok blocking the number, that leaves him/her free to pester someone else.

How do i find out who provider is? wont tell me from a text message but phoned them all, and under data protection act they wont release that information to me anyway.
Police CAN get the info but "only" when a crime has been committed and they say its a nuisance rather than a crime.

Hence me wanting to trace the thing myself and nip it in the bud.

any help would be appreciated.

Cant you say its harrasment? do the police do anything about that?

Ring them and say you found the phone on a train. You checked the messages and found their number, then ask for an address to send it them so they can forward it on to the rightful (huh ;) ) owner. If they think they will be getting a free phone they may slip up and give you an address.

Or http://www.o2.co.uk/help/nuisancecalls

Depending on your wifes provider I am sure the others have a similar setup. Although it's not a call yet it is still a nuisance

Last edited:
lure the bastard into a trap, order ureself a free simcard from .hotukdeals.com, top it up with a fiver and send the fucker dirty text messages, if he's a guy he'll slip....LOL

there is a service on the net to track and locate a phone through GPS www.followus.com but the person ure tracking has to accept a message to allow the tracking to take place....Read up on it it will amke more sense...

Good Luck....

Back