Mike McCurry showing his true colours.....

lol omg have you read that back to yourself? it really is pathetic. Let me guess if you dont win the league its coz all the SPL, SFA and referees are closet Rangers fans?

Grow up!
2 out of three sfa jim farry referee assistant mcbride cost league farry held up cadete transfer had to resign mcbride cadete goal v rangers nothings impossible today ref was hopeless and should be downgraded ref should speak out to explain decisions. if celtic dont win league it wil be down to bad play during season their own fault. if rangers do win league it will be down to their home form and a little help from their friends :banana:

listen guys were all on here moaning
and not one a dundee utd fan.
if anyone one should moan its them
they were going for a place in europe

if rangers do win league it will be down to their home form and a little help from their friends :banana:

aye ok...if that helps you deal with winning feck all fair enough.

That 'ref' is needing shot!

It'll be free beer for him tonight at the Lodge ;)

Seriously though, it was poor refereeing but that's football for ye, one half of Glasgow love the guy and the other half fooking detest him.

:)

celtic fans greetin

What an absolute f*cking disgrace this retard McCurry is, its a f*cking joke that a perfectly good goal chopped off, and a stonewall penalty turned down. To top it all off Cousin has got to walk for putting his head on Lee Wilkie.....

F*ckin blatant biased arsehole that he is

you will be geetin again on wed, when we win the cup, then the league, then the scottish cuphttp://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/innerguard419/375815-35.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you will be geetin again on wed, when we win the cup, then the league, then the scottish cuphttp://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/innerguard419/375815-35.jpg

Yeah Yeah m8 you's could end up with nothing but the league cup, still some big games to be played.....

there are only two sensible posts in this whole thread. The ones that look at what it cost the non old firm with the dodgy decisions. Aberdeen denied a point Dundee united denied a point (poss more.) The Rangers Celtic thing on dodgy desicions has evened out now. But Aberdeen and Dundee utd have suffered. Think about it guys.
Ps im happy to take any desicion that comes our way. We need all the luck we can get.
Lets get behind Rangers now for Wednesday and wish them luck as a win will benefit all of Scottish football.
Oh and country boy i dont expect you to wish us luck for Wednesday lol. More chance of me getting 6 numbers in the lotto lol

well said m8 get behind them
31329up-1.gif

@countryboy
crybaby.gif
lol

Levein gets stuck right in!

Dundee United boss Craig Levein has launched a scathing attack on referee Mike McCurry following his team's 3-1 defeat to Rangers at Ibrox - claiming he 'bottled' crucial decisions.

The win allowed Rangers to slash Celtic's lead at the summit of the CSPL to a single point but ended United's hopes of a third-place finish and a Uefa Cup slot for next season.

Levein argued his side should have had a penalty, David Weir should have

been shown a red card as a result of his foul in the incident, and that a perfectly good goal by Danny Swanson was incorrectly disallowed for offside.

Levein confronted referee McCurry in a touchline exchange, and revealed afterwards: "I said to him that we were as well not turning up. What was the point? We were as well going home.

"Mike could have phoned me this morning and said: 'Look, Rangers are going to get the three points today - just tell your lads to stay in the house.'

Impossible
"It's impossible to win here in important games. The referee has bottled it at the penalty - that was my thoughts if you want to know the truth. He knew, if he had given the penalty, he would have had to send Davie Weir off.

"Swanson's goal was a good goal. It hit Davie Weir and went in.

"Important decisions are what referees are judged on. The players are furious. We played well today.

"If we had got a penalty, and got back to 2-1 and with them down to 10 men, I would have fancied us strongly to win the game because I thought we were the better side.

"That guy today knew it was a penalty kick but knew the game was so important to Rangers that he couldn't give it.

"The linesman has probably had an even better view than the referee but he's not going to put his head above the parapet.

"It's Rangers, at Ibrox, so you can't win. An important game going for a title decider? You can't have Dundee United winning that game."

Accusations
Levein also accused Kirk Broadfoot of punching Noel Hunt in the face and Daniel Cousin of headbutting Lee Wilkie.

"I tell you what will happen now, I'll get my wrists slapped for having a go at the referee," added Levein.

"I'll be sitting in front of six or eight guys at some disciplinary committee in two or three weeks' time, getting a fine.

"After the [CIS Insurance] Cup final, I did my absolute best not to have a go at the referee [Kenny Clark] for denying us a blatant penalty but maybe people are mistaking kindness for weakness on my part.

"There is no doubt that if you add what happened today to what happened in the cup final, I've got every right to be furious about these decisions."

Asked if there were any positives he could take from the game, Levein replied: "Mike McCurry is not going to referee another one of our games this season.

"This is my livelihood, this is what I do for a living. Over the season is how you end up in third, fourth or fifth place but these decisions add up.

"It could mean an extra £125,000 for a league place added to my budget and an extra player for next season.

"It might mean when I've got an injury that I can turn to the bench and put a good player on instead of a kid.

"But people don't think about that. It's all about the pressure that's on Rangers, the importance of this match. And if you give a decision against Rangers you will get absolutely hammered.

"Can you imagine if this was the other way around? Mike McCurry would never referee another game.

"But we are only Dundee United. It doesn't really matter."

davidson/wharton/ dallas/ syme/young/ tait/ mcbride/valentine/rowbottom/ mccurry+ jim farry the truth is out there

Levein gets stuck right in!

Dundee United boss Craig Levein has launched a scathing attack on referee Mike McCurry following his team's 3-1 defeat to Rangers at Ibrox - claiming he 'bottled' crucial decisions.

The win allowed Rangers to slash Celtic's lead at the summit of the CSPL to a single point but ended United's hopes of a third-place finish and a Uefa Cup slot for next season.

Levein argued his side should have had a penalty, David Weir should have

been shown a red card as a result of his foul in the incident, and that a perfectly good goal by Danny Swanson was incorrectly disallowed for offside.

Levein confronted referee McCurry in a touchline exchange, and revealed afterwards: "I said to him that we were as well not turning up. What was the point? We were as well going home.

"Mike could have phoned me this morning and said: 'Look, Rangers are going to get the three points today - just tell your lads to stay in the house.'

Impossible
"It's impossible to win here in important games. The referee has bottled it at the penalty - that was my thoughts if you want to know the truth. He knew, if he had given the penalty, he would have had to send Davie Weir off.

"Swanson's goal was a good goal. It hit Davie Weir and went in.

"Important decisions are what referees are judged on. The players are furious. We played well today.

"If we had got a penalty, and got back to 2-1 and with them down to 10 men, I would have fancied us strongly to win the game because I thought we were the better side.

"That guy today knew it was a penalty kick but knew the game was so important to Rangers that he couldn't give it.

"The linesman has probably had an even better view than the referee but he's not going to put his head above the parapet.

"It's Rangers, at Ibrox, so you can't win. An important game going for a title decider? You can't have Dundee United winning that game."

Accusations
Levein also accused Kirk Broadfoot of punching Noel Hunt in the face and Daniel Cousin of headbutting Lee Wilkie.

"I tell you what will happen now, I'll get my wrists slapped for having a go at the referee," added Levein.

"I'll be sitting in front of six or eight guys at some disciplinary committee in two or three weeks' time, getting a fine.

"After the [CIS Insurance] Cup final, I did my absolute best not to have a go at the referee [Kenny Clark] for denying us a blatant penalty but maybe people are mistaking kindness for weakness on my part.

"There is no doubt that if you add what happened today to what happened in the cup final, I've got every right to be furious about these decisions."

Asked if there were any positives he could take from the game, Levein replied: "Mike McCurry is not going to referee another one of our games this season.

"This is my livelihood, this is what I do for a living. Over the season is how you end up in third, fourth or fifth place but these decisions add up.

"It could mean an extra £125,000 for a league place added to my budget and an extra player for next season.

"It might mean when I've got an injury that I can turn to the bench and put a good player on instead of a kid.

"But people don't think about that. It's all about the pressure that's on Rangers, the importance of this match. And if you give a decision against Rangers you will get absolutely hammered.

"Can you imagine if this was the other way around? Mike McCurry would never referee another game.

"But we are only Dundee United. It doesn't really matter."

only ref i remeber getting boot was callaghan years ago he had a howler in old firm game whereceltic got the benefit ended up reffing amatuer football played a lot of games years ago had him as ref the guy was an absolute gent

there are only two sensible posts in this whole thread. The ones that look at what it cost the non old firm with the dodgy decisions. Aberdeen denied a point Dundee united denied a point (poss more.) The Rangers Celtic thing on dodgy desicions has evened out now. But Aberdeen and Dundee utd have suffered. Think about it guys.
Ps im happy to take any desicion that comes our way. We need all the luck we can get.
Lets get behind Rangers now for Wednesday and wish them luck as a win will benefit all of Scottish football.
Oh and country boy i dont expect you to wish us luck for Wednesday lol. More chance of me getting 6 numbers in the lotto lol

Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have had theyre share of dodgy decisions as well, its not just the old firm.
thats life.
and i'm sure countryboy will be right behind the 'gers come kick off wednesday.

only ref i remeber getting boot was callaghan years ago he had a howler in old firm game whereceltic got the benefit ended up reffing amatuer football played a lot of games years ago had him as ref the guy was an absolute gent

He always sits at the table next to me at the Celtic Supporters Club on London Road ;)

Levin and all United fans have every right to feel cheated today, simply because they were! But you've got to take the bad decisions as they come, some in your favour, some against you.

The Setanta team were gobsmacked at the ref today, he made errors but he's only human.

Who the fcuk would want to be a ref with all this hatred in the atmosphere?

:(

Last edited:

recently motherwell, aberdeen, hibs ,rangers,celtic, all sufered todaytook it to another level. hope all digi guys going to manchester have safe journey and a good day out if rangers do win at least they will have beaten the racists ps go early expect a grid lock

Back