Mgcamd setup

Jojocool

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just upgraded from Skybox but I'm struggling with Mgcamd on 4D lastest image. Is Newcamd.list supposed to be in

/etc/tuxbox/config

or

/usr/keys

Hi,

I've just upgraded from Skybox but I'm struggling with Mgcamd on 4D lastest image. Is Newcamd.list supposed to be in

/etc/tuxbox/config

or

/usr/keys

/usr/keys m8 as well as mg_cfg and a few others :)

Any chance you could point me in the right direction where to get an idiots guide. I searched the box via Filezilla but haven't found a copy in any other location.

Is there a plugin that can sort out the config?

Usually if you install mgcamd from the boxes addon manager it will already include the needed files which all go in /usr/keys

Other then that search google for a mgcamd download as most of them will come with the needed files which you can then ftp to the box,also do a search on here for various peoples setup regarding mgcamd,

I personally dont have the TM twin so not 100% sure of whats available on its addon server

I may have misunderstood but do I have to put the same info into mg_cfg as well???

I may have misunderstood but do I have to put the same info into mg_cfg as well???

No m8 you dont need to put anything in mg_cfg as its mostly setup to go as is,there are a couple of settings that can need tweaking but if you copy this one you should be ok,or just check it against one already on the box :)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I copied a similar file from another thread but it didn't help. Thanks for it anyway

I've got CCcam working now so I guess I need to do a bit more research :lovestory

What are the difference between ccam and mgcamd

Sent from my HTC One

No m8 you dont need to put anything in mg_cfg as its mostly setup to go as is,there are a couple of settings that can need tweaking but if you copy this one you should be ok,or just check it against one already on the box :)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
hello
wizz

where did you get this file?

From my own box m8,why?

only asking as iv used the same file and had problems with it, if you dont mind could i make a very small change to it, im not saying theres anything wrong with it man but have changed same file and found it to work faster and more stable, again im not trying to say i know more than you but i like to work with these and would like to help if i can?

only asking as iv used the same file and had problems with it, if you dont mind could i make a very small change to it, im not saying theres anything wrong with it man but have changed same file and found it to work faster and more stable, again im not trying to say i know more than you but i like to work with these and would like to help if i can?

look at it this way if it dont work you only have to delete the file and im wrong, where all hear to help each other :)

look at it this way if it dont work you only have to delete the file and im wrong, where all hear to help each other :)

By all means change it to suit yourself or others but it works fine for me with no problems :)

The only differnces between Wiz's one and the one you posted on 21/07/2013 are the values for

G and F

I use the values Wiz has provided for those entries.

and if it does any harm to your box ill get you a new' the same box you have within a week but you know that if the file is not correct it just wont work, if your worry'd ill give you a file that will kill your box you only have to look at the format to know if there is a bug installed and i would never do that to anyone! turst me man im on the level, give me a shot please, you know me i might be blunt at times but thats just me wearing my heart on my sleeve

The only differnces between Wiz's one and the one you posted on 21/07/2013 are the values for

G and F

I use the values Wiz has provided for those entries.

hello
Abu Baniaz

good to hear from you :) yes thats right but have one up my sleeve that can help with Bandwidth, i know that sounds total sh1t but bear with me on this one and you will see wot im on about, hear at worst ill make a d1ck out of my self

and if it does any harm to your box ill get you a new' the same box you have within a week but you know that if the file is not correct it just wont work, if your worry'd ill give you a file that will kill your box you only have to look at the format to know if there is a bug installed and i would never do that to anyone! turst me man im on the level, give me a shot please, you know me i might be blunt at times but thats just me wearing my heart on my sleeve

Would never think for one minute that would give me a file to kill my box,but you know the old saying if its not broke don't fix it ;)

Apart from the fact I only use Mgcamd with keys,and thats not very often so I dont need to experiment,

Have you done any research to understand why your changes helped your box run better when using mgcamd?

Did you run it in debug mode to see what was happening with and without the changes or was it trial and error?

By all means change it to suit yourself or others but it works fine for me with no problems :)

hello
wizz

im not saying it dont work and as Abu has said he uses it too, im not trying to say it dont work, im just saqying that i think i can help it, iv tested it and know it work's better than Mgcamd should, its been a joint effort with me and a guy that dont like the lime, came about with sky cards being changed next year and are trying to stay ahead;) now when that comes it wont be Mgcamd that will be used but this need refined on all sides as not all stbs will be able to runn say oscam ;)

hello
wizz

im not saying it dont work and as Abu has said he uses it too, im not trying to say it dont work, im just saqying that i think i can help it, iv tested it and know it work's better than Mgcamd should, its been a joint effort with me and a guy that dont like the lime, came about with sky cards being changed next year and are trying to stay ahead;) now when that comes it wont be Mgcamd that will be used but this need refined on all sides as not all stbs will be able to runn say oscam ;)

The problem here is I know what you are not saying,it's what you are saying that's not very clear?

If mgcamd is not going to be used to work around the new pairing method then why optimize it?

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

Back