Meter reading problem

They could always supply her with something like this...

35bfnl5.jpg

I opt to ring in my own readings in then i know there accurate and i don't have to check them its an automated line and takes less a few mins more importantly at my convenience , when i like !!
my bill is then spot on . it will not be a surprise any time, let alone in 2 -3 years.

I opt to ring in my own readings in then i know there accurate and i don't have to check them its an automated line and takes less a few mins more importantly at my convenience , when i like !!
my bill is then spot on . it will not be a surprise any time, let alone in 2 -3 years.

Thats ok in doing that as long as people understand that the meter needs to be read once every 2 years.. eventually that reader will catch you in :).. it doesnt hurt to let them in and read it.. :)

Simple solution. Supply them with a digital camera. They could stretch up and photograph the meter then just read it off the camera screen.:proud:

Thats ok in doing that as long as people understand that the meter needs to be read once every 2 years.. eventually that reader will catch you in :).. it doesnt hurt to let them in and read it.. :)

no offence meant but, it all seems like excuses for the company not training and supplying the gear their staff need. c'mon, if you , regularly, need a step or steps to do your job. who's fault is it if you don't have any? the utilises are, currently, scamming the lot of us. pocketing vast amounts of money, well the directors and share holders are, whilst the staff are worked harder and harder for, less and less. and if anything goes wrong? well its the customer, anybody can see that! the whole world is here to, fill their coffers. i guess we should stop complaining and pay for their, retirement fund. the business world is fcuked, and these tw@ts are amongst the leading fcukers. no prizes for guessing i have spoken to the company involved. it would appear she is right. if i don't supply the stool, I'm refusing her access to the meter. i can feel a fight coming on.

no offence meant but, it all seems like excuses for the company not training and supplying the gear their staff need. c'mon, if you , regularly, need a step or steps to do your job. who's fault is it if you don't have any? the utilises are, currently, scamming the lot of us. pocketing vast amounts of money, well the directors and share holders are, whilst the staff are worked harder and harder for, less and less. and if anything goes wrong? well its the customer, anybody can see that! the whole world is here to, fill their coffers. i guess we should stop complaining and pay for their, retirement fund. the business world is fcuked, and these tw@ts are amongst the leading fcukers. no prizes for guessing i have spoken to the company involved. it would appear she is right. if i don't supply the stool, I'm refusing her access to the meter. i can feel a fight coming on.

**** them off m8.........there's no rule to say you have to provied anything apart from access into your house........you haven't signed any contract to the fact have you ??

its thier fuckin problem for putting the meter so high anyway

pay a visit to citizens advice m8..............should make a good news story if your local paper got hold of this aswell

assumeing every household owns a stool or ladders, WHICH THEY DONT

who will be paying the compo to the reader if he/she falls.................i bet it wont be the electric company

A young woman came to read our electric meter yesterday. as i took her to the meter she said "get me a stool, so i can read your meter". we aint got one, a point i made too her. "so you wont let me read your meter, then"? she replayed. i pointed out she should have all the equipment she needs to do her job. as i thought it was not my part to provide it. the upshot is, she is reporting me for, "refusing to allow her access to the meter".
can she do that, and, what are the possible consequences?
Personally, i couldn't give a toss (they cannot disconnect us because of my disabled daughter). but can they really expect you to provide their equipment. and take sanctions if you do not?

i bet if she had a mini skirt on you have found a stool

I feel your pain here, I hate energy suppliers with a passion due to having to drag scottish power through court for 3 years to admit they had over charged me. If she had come to my place with an attitude like that I think I would of just locked her in a cupboard for a few days till she stopped moving.

If i turned up on site without every piece of equipment I could envisage needing for any variations of the job I was doing I would expect to be shot point blank in the face as I am clearly not good enough to do the job.

Ill be honist if she has so much of an issue doing her job then she should join the dole que with the other 2 million people who think they are better than the job they are doing.

Also damn right on not giving her ladders IIRC your are legaly responsible for any equipment you provide her, so if your ladders have a wobble and she falls off them, expect a solicitors letter through the door

Back