Metal Gear Solid Online - Open Beta Europe CONFIRMED

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
Konami have confirmed the Metal Gear Online: Open Beta in Europe. Konami will release Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta via the PlayStation Store from April 17th, with online tests running from April 21st through May 6th. Those downloading the beta will be invited to explore two maps – “Blood Bath” and “Groznyi Grad”. Konami also said that they are "committed to the release of additional Expansion Packs to be released throughout the year."

Press Release>
Metal Gear Online: Open Beta in Europe confirmed
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH announced Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta for Kojima Productions' online epic
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced its plans for a public beta program across Europe for its forthcoming Metal Gear Online title for PLAYSTATION®3. Konami will release Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta via the PlayStation Store from April 17th, with online tests running from April 21st through May 6th. An all-new Metal Gear title specifically designed as a multi-player online experience, Metal Gear Online will be released worldwide as part of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on June 12th.

The beta program will offer players a unique chance to sample the innovative multi-player experience of Metal Gear Online, which emphasizes cooperative team-based play. Those downloading the beta will be invited to explore two maps – “Blood Bath” and “Groznyi Grad” – each of which requires unique strategies in order to achieve victory.

Metal Gear Online will launch as part of Guns of the Patriots in June as a Starter Pack, comprising five unique stages: “Ambush Alley,” where trenches and sandbags litter an arena built for close and medium range combat; “Blood Bath,” a two-tier battle setting; and “Groznyi Grad,” the expansive Shagohod development complex from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater which features human catapults that propel players to different areas of the environment. Rounding out the five stage set are the dusty, Middle Eastern alleyways found in Guns of the Patriots entitled “Midtown Maelstrom,” and the rooftop settings of “Urban Ultimatum.” Konami is committed to the release of additional Expansion Packs to be released throughout the year.

Up to 16 people can play simultaneously, with game worlds created using Guns of the Patriots’s incredible 3D engine. Retaining the classic stealth combat gameplay of the Metal Gear series, players are dropped in a series of war zones wherein different challenges await. Five game modes await players on stages that span the globe and the history of MGS: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture and Base and Sneaking missions. Additional information on Metal Gear Online and the beta program can be found at www.konami-mgo.com.

thats great stuff thats it, no need to sign up for the jap thing. Glad sony are finaly seeing that the hardcore gamers are in Europe.
good find fella

thats great stuff thats it, no need to sign up for the jap thing. Glad sony are finaly seeing that the hardcore gamers are in Europe.
good find fella

just a reminder to say that this will be available on the store from tomorrow.

I know what ill be doing tomorrow night then :proud:

what downloading it! you wont be playing it.

the beta doesnt go live till monday. its just being released a few days early so the servers aint overloaded on the day the beta goes live.

yeah lol. My bad i didnt read that it ain't goin live till Monday. ohh well roll on Monday

now available for download on the store

Count me in for a DL tonight - looking forward to splatting my DW buddies in glorious "Snake-o-Vision" next week :O)

Moose

when you download the beta from the store it will download and install quickly. but when you start the game there is a very big update required. it gives you the option of downloading via http or p2p (bittorrent).

everybody is having major problems with this update giving network errors, it seems to be that the servers are very very overloaded just now.

i would leave this update until later tonight, early hours of the morning, when the traffic shouldnt be as busy

i just watched the trailer that is on the main menu of this game, and all i can say is wow. this game looks like doggys dangly bits. i cant wait to play this on monday (i think it goes live at 11pm on sunday night)

Last edited:
I got the update downloaded after multiple attempts, but now of course I have to get a konami id and that is taking forever as well.
04/16/2008 22:00 (PST)

We regret to inform you that the site is currently busy due to high level of traffic creating difficulties in logging in.
We would like to recommend that you try again at a different time.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

I got the update downloaded after multiple attempts, but now of course I have to get a konami id and that is taking forever as well.

so we definately need a konami id for the european download also???? or do you have a jap or usa version of the beta.

the konami id site has been down for days now. need to try it during the night to see if i can sign up on there

Just finished downloading,guess ill have to blow the dust off the old stealth suit now :)

or do you have a jap or usa version of the beta.
Nope Euro. Downloaded the Beta from the UK store today. After applying the update and running the game you get an ID menu with 3 options, 'enter game id and log in', 'go to konami id portal' and 'online manual'.

Managed to get as far as 3rd screen of signup process once but basically the pages keep timing out and you end up getting bounced back to the start.

Edit:
Checking help for 'Enter Game ID' it says: To use the services for Metal Gear Online you'll need both a Konami ID and a Game ID.

Last edited:
cheers

i just finished the download myself. trying to get my id now, but i dont hold out much hope. everybody seems to be having problems getting on the id site

get your id from here

https://id.konami.net/login.do

Anyone been able to create a konami id? As far as I can see it's impossible to change the country from United States and as they say your ID country has to be the same as the beta country it can't be done.

If anyone's managed it what os / browser are you using?

got this from the site today

IMPORTANT NOTICE: KONAMI ID PORTAL SITE maintenance
Currently, the extraordinary levels of traffic levels
are causing great difficulty for our customers in
accessing the page.

In order to solve the problem, we will be carrying out
emergency maintenance work on the site from 18/04/2008
at 20:00 (GMT+9h).

During maintenance, the KONAMI ID portal site will be
taken down and therefore will be inaccessible.

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused.

it's a bloody joke upto now if u ask me, u download the game at 700meg then have to get a 600meg update file.
They should of made changes to the original game file before making it live. As trying to get the update was just awful, having the ps3 acting like a bit torrent made me thnk WTF, Konami just don't have a clue if you ask me.
Then their server goes down cos it can't cope with the numbers trying to get a ID, they should of fore seen this happening.
What they going to do when the full game comes out

got this from the site today

IMPORTANT NOTICE: KONAMI ID PORTAL SITE maintenance
Currently, the extraordinary levels of traffic levels
are causing great difficulty for our customers in
accessing the page.

In order to solve the problem, we will be carrying out
emergency maintenance work on the site from 18/04/2008
at 20:00 (GMT+9h).

During maintenance, the KONAMI ID portal site will be
taken down and therefore will be inaccessible.

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused.

it's a bloody joke upto now if u ask me, u download the game at 700meg then have to get a 600meg update file.
They should of made changes to the original game file before making it live. As trying to get the update was just awful, having the ps3 acting like a bit torrent made me thnk WTF, Konami just don't have a clue if you ask me.
Then their server goes down cos it can't cope with the numbers trying to get a ID, they should of fore seen this happening.
What they going to do when the full game comes out

thats as far as i got today also. hopefully they will sort this out tomorrow. it was a stupid idea to use these konami ids anyway, this is why we have psn accounts.

Finally got downloading the update i tried yesterday but with no luck, anyone actually managed to get an id yet?

Finally got downloading the update i tried yesterday but with no luck, anyone actually managed to get an id yet?

nope. i had a jap one, but they cancelled it.

the site should be back up late tonight or early tomorrow. and hopefully it wont have the same problems its had for the last few days.

Back