Message still not getting through

My flabber has never been so ghast, not surprising really.

On a lighter note, we have just been on the phone to my MIL who has dementia, she recons "Boris is doing this because he is a chemist and will sell more stuff"

šŸ˜€
Can't understand why it's not surprising?
Fookers like them are putting lives in jeopardy and will no doubt prolong the length of time those of us who are adhering to the rules have to continue doing so.
Every single one of those adults should be fined and named. Not a paltry Ā£30 fine, make it Ā£300 to reflect the seriousness of what could arise through their actions

I've been stuck in for over 2 weeks now. Me, the missus and the little one have had a "cold" going from one of us to the other since roughly Sept last year, it's my turn for the snots and the sniffles this weekend. Think there's a lot more to this virus thing than they letting on.

This happened just couple of hours ago in belfast. Its the roma community still gathering.
Cops are not taking any sh*t.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I noticed a lot in the pictures of the parks in London were. Having barbecues, sitting at tables etc. Surprised I haven't had a Big Issue shoved at me yet.

Can't understand why it's not surprising?
Fookers like them are putting lives in jeopardy and will no doubt prolong the length of time those of us who are adhering to the rules have to continue doing so.
Every single one of those adults should be fined and named. Not a paltry Ā£30 fine, make it Ā£300 to reflect the seriousness of what could arise through their actions

Mate, you started the thread ā€“ and yes, everyone is agreeing the ā€œMessage still not getting throughā€ (still isnā€™t) and you canā€™t understand why Iā€™m not surprised o_O when you see posts like river4ever's.

Mate, you started the thread ā€“ and yes, everyone is agreeing the ā€œMessage still not getting throughā€ (still isnā€™t) and you canā€™t understand why Iā€™m not surprised o_O when you see posts like river4ever's.
I'm surprised and shocked with every barbecue, party story I hear. People sunbathing on beaches and going for walks in beauty spots as though nothing happened.
I'm surprised because I don't know why anyone would act that way knowing full well what the consequences may be.

When someone say's they're not surprised it makes me think they are just becoming accepting that there will always be a few who don't listen. We can't accept or excuse their behaviour as being par for the course. Just these odd groups flouting the distance rules are enough to keep this virus spreading and killing innocent people.
These potential killers face a fine of Ā£30, what a joke.

I'm surprised and shocked with every barbecue, party story I hear. People sunbathing on beaches and going for walks in beauty spots as though nothing happened.
I'm surprised because I don't know why anyone would act that way knowing full well what the consequences may be.

When someone say's they're not surprised it makes me think they are just becoming accepting that there will always be a few who don't listen. We can't accept or excuse their behaviour as being par for the course. Just these odd groups flouting the distance rules are enough to keep this virus spreading and killing innocent people.

It's the old i'm alright jack mentality. Until it hits someone you know, or close to home then people just see this as a good opportunity to enjoy themselves. Which clearly, a lot of people are actually doing. There was a video of a guy who travelled over 200 miles to visit Snowdonia, but he was blocked by the locals in Bala (North Wales). Yesterday there was a guy caught on the M25 with windows in his car, and his wife in the boot, he'd travelled over 100 miles.

I had a conversation with colleagues a few days ago. I was telling them about people walking in front of me to get into the supermarket, or onto a bus, seeming oblivious that things were different and the gap was there for a reason.

One colleague said that he believed it was because some people don't see any news whatsoever. I can believe that, as I went through a phase of totally ignoring the news. Probably when I was at uni and blanked most other stuff out.

Just now, literally, I can hear the builder a few doors up on the opposite side with a power tool. Someone is still getting building work done while in the house and their builder doesn't even wear a mask when he's using a Stihl saw to cut bricks.

Not at all mate, unfortunately people are not realising the consequences of their actions.
Further up this thread I mentioned a woman behind me in a que being too close, it went something like this

Do you know you are supposed to stand 2m apart?
What the fu*ks the matter with you, I havenā€™t got the virus
Aye maybe but have you thought I might have the virus
Fu*c off your going over the Fu*king top now
Missus stand 2m away (she did)

My point is she is probably as thick as mince (or still pissed), but as you say endangering everyone.

Interesting one heard over here as a couple had their kitchen removed then the lockdown happened and no kitchen or water.Fitted kitchen ready to go in but could not.The fitters got permission from the gardai as it was an essential service and kitchen was installed.Above and beyond service from them.

I had a conversation with colleagues a few days ago. I was telling them about people walking in front of me to get into the supermarket, or onto a bus, seeming oblivious that things were different and the gap was there for a reason.

One colleague said that he believed it was because some people don't see any news whatsoever. I can believe that, as I went through a phase of totally ignoring the news. Probably when I was at uni and blanked most other stuff out.

Just now, literally, I can hear the builder a few doors up on the opposite side with a power tool. Someone is still getting building work done while in the house and their builder doesn't even wear a mask when he's using a Stihl saw to cut bricks.
I stopped watching the news many years ago or buying newspapers. Someone in the pub was talking politics and I realised that I was unaware who the current PM was. I have since took to reading the news on my phone each morning.

Still biased crap being force fed to us but it is good to have some knowledge of current affairs. There's always the added bonus that you can skip unwanted stories on the phone

I stopped watching the news many years ago or buying newspapers. Someone in the pub was talking politics and I realised that I was unaware who the current PM was. I have since took to reading the news on my phone each morning.

Still biased crap being force fed to us but it is good to have some knowledge of current affairs. There's always the added bonus that you can skip unwanted stories on the phone

The only way is to read them all and form your own opinion :). I haven't brought myself to read the Grauniad for a while though.

Some people rely solely on FB or other platforms for information.

As I use IPTV, and it was convenient, I was watching BBC News. Which I hate as, if you listen closely, they love a dig at the UK.

One that I noticed a few weeks ago was when a BBC reporter was gushing over the Italians for "not panic buying, like the British, and being sensible". Probably because all Italian Grannies have a larder packed with food. Probably a cultural thing that Italians have more food in stock, multi-generation households etc.

My granny and her daughter were both hoarders. My auntie's shelves were bulging with the weight. My granny had a walk-in larder and when she passed away we found tins and jars of stuff that were over 20 years old. :eek:

Thought I'd best point out they were food hoarders, lol. Not those dirty ones who have stuff everywhere including rubbish with no where to step or sit etc;

Thought I'd best point out they were food hoarders, lol. Not those dirty ones who have stuff everywhere including rubbish with no where to step or sit etc;

My Gran was born in 1920 and had a bit of a hoarding tendency, food too, especially butter.

Why at builders still working ?, I mean housing estates, small extension home improvements not important road works and Gov building i.e hospitals, police , fire brigade buildings.
I've a few mates working on a huge housing estate and it's in full flow. This is definitely not "essential, there are "100's on the job in some cases still sharing cabins.

Back