medion PC random blue screen of death turning off

billybob2

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi hope you can help i have medion PC it start with random blue screen of death turning off at times it would be on for hours and then next time when it start up i had this for weeks like this i can't catch error code so clean the pc of dust that did not work checked ram that did not fix it i change graphic card did not work checked all wires format hard drive tried to re stall window vista half way i get blue screen i tried new hard drive still getting blue screen turning off do you think it my be the mortarboard or the fan running ok i think hope someone can help
thanks

how old is it Medion give a three year guarantee I just had mine repaired it was sent back because of a broken hinge but it also was blue screening , since the repair I have not had the blue screen and it runs much cooler because I told them the error codes

you can get the error codes from the logs

Last edited:
hi edogg it 5 to 6 year old now had no problem it till now it out of guarantee it goes to fast to see blue screen it not let me reinstall vista get half way restart up again

First thing to do when getting random reboots due to BSOD, is to turn off automatic restart to get the STOP code. I know you can normally get them from the logs too, but they sometimes fail to be recorded. Anyway, as you're now blue screening during reinstall, we're past that point.

When you say you've checked the RAM, did you strip down to one stick or run a memory test application? Ideally you'd do both; i.e. test each strip individually, doing multiple runs across each DIMM slot. It can take a while, and even with multiple runs then false negatives are common.

As for the fan, if it's spinning it's doing it's job. The paste may be worn out, causing inefficient heat transfer, but modern processors tend to clock down when they overheat rather than crash out.

You could try a live disc, e.g. Hiren's Boot CD, which has hardware temperature monitoring apps, such as Speccy.

By all means try the above, but after 5-6 years, a new base unit is probably a better option.

And, it will put Vista where it belongs.

Back